=2.5=

'He folded like a piece of paper.'

A S G A R D

Asgard was glorious to the curious eyes of the young angel, her teal eyes darting all around her as she marveled at the golden architecture of the palace. They had ended up down in the dungeons so they had to sneak back up to the top, which would definitely more difficult if Elara had her wings out.

The three of them snuck past one of the jail cells that, sadly, had a large window like viewing wall. Elara paused for a moment and tilted her head to the side as she looked at the black haired man inside who was laying on his back and flipping something in his hand. She was pulled by Rocket away from the cell, before the man could see her, as he quietly scolded her about getting distracted in a foreign place.

The three of them made it to the upper level with high columns and arches. They, especially Elara could hear the distance conversation between the woman Thor had talked about, Jane, and a hand maiden.

"Oh, there's Jane." Thor was muttered distinctively to himself as Rocket hopped down to the ground and spoke to the other two.

"All right. Here's the deal, tubby. You're gonna charm her, Elara is going to calm her, I'm gonna poke her with this thing and extract the Reality Stone, and get gone lickety-split." Elara gave soft claps to him for coming up with a plan.

Thor let out a long sniff before holding up a finger and saying, "I'll be right back, okay? The wine cellar is just down here. My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups."

The angel frowned at him but knew why he was acting like this. She could feel the nerves and anxiety coming from him as he spoke, despite the smile on his face. She knew how hard it was for him to be here after everything that's happened to him. His brother dying at the hands of her father and his planet being destroyed.

"Hey, hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" As Rocket said that, the door opened loudly, startling them as they all hid. Thor looked around the corner of the pillar he was hiding behind to see who came out, Elara did the same.

A regal looking woman with blonde hair put up into two braided buns spoke to her lady's maid about bringing 'Loki' something which she could only assume to be Thor's brother, her son. That was Thor's mother. The demi-god walked out from behind his pillar as he followed his mother's movements in shock. He had just remembered.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asked as he and Elara before came out of their hiding spot, either the angel nor Thor taking their eyes off the woman till she was out of sight.

"That's my mother. She dies today."

"Oh, that is today?" Rocket asked, awkwardly as he was never good at emotions, even with Elara. The angel could feel Thor's anxiety start to pick up as his breathing became heavy.

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. It's a bad idea!" Thor said as he started hyper ventilating.

"Come here." Rocket said from beside Elara as she sat at to him while he stood.

"I think I'm having a panic attack."

"Come here. Right here."

Like Elara had read his mind about what he was going to do himself, she slapped Thor across the face, making both of them look at her in shock as the demi-god held his cheek.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to have to do that but you need to pull yourself together." She said firmly but she was still very sorry about hitting him.