=1.10=

"Gamora."

Thanos stepped through the blue and grey portal out onto his dismal home planet. Everything as he left it. Broken, torn down, a wasteland. But everything was still, scarily so. He excepted something, someone actually. A corrupted statue like building started to crumble but because of the off balance in gravity, it didn't fall.

"Oh yeah," The purple Titan turned his head to the right to see the Stone Keeper, Doctor Stephen Strange, "You're much more of a Thanos." He sat a few feet away from Thanos, sitting on a raised platform as he had been waiting for him for a while. That was the plan anyway.

"I take it the Maw is dead." Thanos asked, more like stated with a flat tone as he normally talked. Stephen nodded a little as he thought about it, only assuming that 'the Maw' was the man with no nose that had tried to kill him with needles.

"This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission." Thanos said as he took a few steps forward.

"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts." Stephen said but he didn't move from his spot.

Hidden around the area were rest of the 'team.' Everyone except Peter, Elara, and Tony were on the ground floor while the other three were in the air somewhere, hiding behind floating metal. The youngest were hiding together, Elara being able to teleport made it useful for her to get anywhere.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asked the wizard.

"Let me guess. Your home?"

The Titan put one of his feet on a piece of scrap metal so that his knee was raised and his gauntlet covered hand placed on it. "It was." He said.

He tightened his hand, the red infinity stone glowing brightly as a wave a red washed over the area around them. The planet was back to it's lush prime, people walking the streets, water still in the small ponds and fountains. Before Thanos ruined it.

"And it was beautiful. Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution." Thanos said as he started to explain.

"Genocide."

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." The environment around faded back into it's broken surroundings.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Stephen said with slight sarcasm.

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy." He snapped his bare hand for an example as he spoke.

Stephen got up from his seat and started slowly walking towards him, "And then what?"

"I'd finally rest...and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

"And what about her? Your daughter? Elara? What happens to her when your gone, watching the sunset." The wizard asked, starting to get a little more angry but kept his calm tone of voice.

"Hopefully her sacrifice will not be needed. But if it is, I won't hesitate to do what I have to. She knows that. All she's ever wanted to do is help everyone around her, no matter if she crumbles in the process. She understands." Thanos said as he let out a deep breath.

He was right. She didn't care if she got hurt or used all her energy to heal someone else in need. She would sacrifice herself to help any number of people, big or small. They had seen it before.