=4.10=

"Well, it's good to know I'm not completely mad."

3 weeks later

It had been 3 weeks since the fight on top of the Statue of Liberty and 3 weeks since Peter became utterly alone. He had kept his distance from everyone that had known him before, not wanting to accidentally making the wrong 'first' impression. Ned, MJ, Elara...he hadn't seen any of them.

Thankfully, New York, even just Queens by that measure, was a big enough place that this was a pretty easy feet to accomplish.

But today he had built up the courage to finally go back to MJ's place of work, that terrible little donut shop where the donuts were mediocre but the service was awful. Not that that was MJ's fault, it was most her managers for not hiring multiple people and not just her.

As Peter was walking towards it, he had a small paper in his hand, nervously nodding his head to himself as he recited what he was going to say to Elara, "Hi, my name is Peter Parker, you don't know me but I-uh..hi, my name is Peter Parker and you don't know me but you..." The teen trailed off though as he actually stood in front of the donut shop.

He just hadn't walked in the door. He hadn't even touched the door handle. Peter was just looking at his two best friends through the window, watching them chat. Elara, unusually wasn't there yet, something that was stopping him from walking in.

"Excuse me," The very familiar voice snapped him out of his trance and whip his head to his side.

Elara was standing there wearing a large white and black coat and long, flowy white pants to match. She looked the same but he didn't know what he was expecting, it only been three weeks.

The markings on her face were gone, the yellow having faded from her eyes and her wings were tucked into herself since she was in public

The markings on her face were gone, the yellow having faded from her eyes and her wings were tucked into herself since she was in public. The cuts and bruises were gone too, something he assumed she healed herself after.

The two of them stared at each other for a second before she continued asking her question, "Can I scoot passed you?"

"Oh. Yeah, sorry." He moved out of the way but didn't stop looking at her. It was hard. To stand there, remembering everything that they had went through and  she not.

Elara looked behind her once more to look at him for a second time as she pushed open the door. Deja vu hit her like a train when she looked at the boy, who looked around her physical age. Maybe she had known that boy in another life..

Peter stood in the window, happy with himself that he had actually spoken to his (ex?) girlfriend. Sure, it was only a few words but it was something.

He watched as she waved at the two others, no doubt smiling at them. Ned waved back, the alien giving him a side hug from his stool. MJ gave her a rare smile and leaned forward over the counter to say hi.