=3.1=

"Your hair is very flat right now."

2024
8 months after Tony's death

"I have a plan." Peter said suddenly as he sat down next to Ned in their classroom. It had been eight months since Tony died, which also meant it had been eight months since Elara had started going to Peter's school, Midtown School of Science and Technology.

"Ok. First, I'm gonna sit next to Elara on the flight. It's her first time on a plane so I'm sure she would want to sit next to someone she knows well. Second, I'm gonna buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time." He continued as Ned nodded along with him as he explained his plan.

"Okay."

"Three, when we go to Venice, Venice is super famous for making stuff out of glass, right?"

"True."

"I'm gonna buy her a pink glass wings necklace because her favorite animals is the snow owl and because of..." Peter said.

"Her wings."

"Her wings,"

Yeah, he had told Ned about Elara, knowing that he couldn't hide this about her from him if he was trying to tell her that he was in love with her. Besides Ned already knew about his abilities and everything that happened with Thanos so he was already trust worthy.

"Four, when we go to Paris, which is somewhere she has always wanted to go to, I'm gonna take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower, give her the necklace,"

"Oh!" Ned said almost in surprise that he didn't give it to her earlier.

"Then...five, I'm gonna tell her how I feel...and then six, hopefully she tells me she feels the same way." Peter added the last part as he hoped that that was how it would go.

"Oh, don't forget step seven." Ned said with slightly fake enthusiasm.

"Step seven?" He asked as he grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper.

"Don't do any of that."

Peter looked back up at him, letting out a small sigh before asking, "Why?"

"Because we're gonna be bachelors in Europe, Peter." He said like it was obvious.

"Ned.."

"Look, I may not know much but I do know this. Europeans love Americans." He said explained to him.

Peter narrowed his eyes at his, not believing what he was saying, "Really?"

"And more than half of them are women."

"Okay..sure. But..I really like Elara, man, okay? She's amazing, she's super funny in a way that kind of shows you that she doesn't really understand everything that's happening but then kind of does in the same way. And sometimes she's really touchy with me but I think she's like that with everyone so I'm not sure about that part. And I catch her looking at me but she's doesn't look away and I feel like I've stood up way too- She's coming over." He cut himself off quickly as he saw MJ and Elara walking over to them.

Over the eight months over school they had together, Elara had grown back her bangs back into thinner curtain bangs. She looked amazing either way.