=4.9=

"I'm surprised that a human being is capable of understanding how I feel."

(Remember You Omnichord by Mars Bars or All for Us by Labrinth and Zemdaya are both great songs to listen to with this chapter. The first one is like Elara's inner thoughts and the second just fits the battle really well)

The top of the school was where Peter was hiding out.

The sky was dark and it has finally stopped raining, the only light around him coming from the lamppost on the street below. His face had scattered cuts that were still red with blood, one them across his nose, but he didn't care enough to deal with them at the moment.

He still hasn't completely processed what happened with Aunt May. He couldn't. She was his rock, his last blood memory of his dad. And now she was gone.

Peter was so wrapped up in his own emotions that he hadn't even heard the sound of Elara teleporting her, Ned and MJ onto the roof of the building behind him. He didn't even notice them until MJ was sat on one side of him while Ned was on the other, wrapping their arms around him in a hug which caused him to let out a few more silent tears.

He opened his eyes to see Elara kneeling in front of him, her hands coming out between the two of them and cupping his cheeks. She pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, then both his kiss and then one to his lips, so soft that he barely felt that one.

Peter looked at her in surprise and said, his voice slightly croaky from crying, "What are you-"

"I remember. I remember everything. I'm so sorry, Peter." She whispered to him, a sad smile on her face as tears were already in her eyes. It was partly an affect from his own miserable emotions and also from the guilt of everything that happened between them that she forgot.

He looked at her in shock before wrapping his arms around her, holding her as best he could in his sitting position. Her hand curled into his hair on the back of his head as he whispered back to her, anything louder not feeling right at the moment, "Hey, it's okay, it's okay. You're back. That's all."

She let him cry into her collarbone, feeling the wetness against the thinly skin covered bone, while he was surrounded by his friends and her. Elara tried to push down her own affected emotions, feeling his grief, sadness and guilt from the lost of his aunt.

"I'm sorry.." MJ whispered to him, Ned nodding in agreement.

Peter started to slowly raise his head as his spidey sense alerted him that they weren't alone on the roof.

"Peter, there's...there's some people here." Elara said, untangling her hand from his hair and standing up, MJ and Ned following her.

"What?"

"Um.."

He shot up, going to attack whoever was there, but stopped, seeing two figures standing on the top of the highest point on the roof. After a second, they jumped down, standing on the ledge where the ladder up was.

"Hey, wait, wait! Whoa! What...?"

One of them stood up, the one wearing what looked like to be an older version of his super suit, with his hands up in a show of peace.

The other held out one hand and said, "I'm sorry...about May."

"Yeah. Sorry. I've got some understanding of what it is you're-" Her Peter cut him off though.

"No, no, no. Please don't tell me that you know what I'm going through."

"Okay." He said but it was barely a whisper.