Chapter 3

Tall big trees surrounded me. The smell of smoke wafted all around me. Fire. That was what the yellow and red colours were. People screamed in the distance. I didn't know where I was, but my body knows where I was. I was running. Running away from the people. Why was I running? And when did I have blonde hair? And that's when I realized it wasn't me. But someone else. She wore what looked like some ball gown. It was red and pink flowers were embroidered on the skirt. She wore black, thin, heels. How the hell is this woman running in those? Her hair stuck to the back of my neck. Sorry, her neck. She looked back to see if anyone was following her, but instead she tripped over a long tree root. She tried to get up, but it seems that she has twisted her ankle. There was a rustle on her left. Her head jerked to the sound and managed to scramble back. Her back hit one of the tall trees. The noise was coming her way, and the closer it got, the more helpless she became. And finally, someone came out. From the lack of light, I could only manage to see his dark hair and some army uniform. It was green and black, and he looked very handsome in it. Yet, I didn't recognize him at all.

"General Rhyn! Over here!" Well, she knows him.

"Princess Kraveera? Is that you?" What! I was in a body of a princess! He came closer as her highness tried to get up off the ground. She yelped and fell again, but strong hand caught her before the floor could. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her. His lips met hers, his arms wrapped around her curvy waist and pulled her closer towards him. It feels like I'm kissing him, yet not at that same time. And thank god when they pulled apart.

"We got to go. Now." He grabbed her hand and started to run, but she yelped again. Tears began to form in her eyes as she reached for her ankle. It was swollen.

"Are you okay? What happened?" But before she could answer there was footsteps in the forest. I couldn't see anyone approaching, so I think she can't either. General Rhyn came over and whispered, "Stay here. I'll see who or what it is. Run if anyone comes after you. Or hide. That's better, considering the situation." And then he disappeared through the thick crowd of trees. I looked around to find a place to hide while she shook out of fear. Fear for her or her lover, I don't know. Minutes later, there was another noise coming through the same direction lover boy went.

"Keaton? Is that you?" She called out into the darkness.

"Keaton Rhyn is not gonna come back to you sweetheart." Someone chuckled. It came from behind her, but when she turned around no one was there.

"Who are you? What do you want?" though she acted tough, she hated the falter on the last word. No reply. She tried again.

"Who are you? Come out!" I yelled. There was no response. Nothing. "I said, 'come out!'" I yelled, a little louder that the birds in the nearby trees flew from the trees. The source of the noise stepped out. My eyes went straight at the weapon. Fresh blood dripped at the end of his sword. His face was covered by the darkness, but his clothes were visible. They were ripped. No sign of any injuries. There was more blood on his face than his sword. But I doubt it was his.

"Who are you!" Princess Kraveera asked again. She took a limping step backwards, ready to run if he attacks. Hopefully, she doesn't have to.

"No one would hear you even if you scream any louder," He smirked.

"Answer my question! Who. Are. You!?" My voice was low and deep. Yet he did not flinch. I mean I would have.

"Now, that wouldn't be fun now would it." he cocked his head to the side as he stared at her. Or was it me? Nope, definitely her.

"Fine!" My anger bubbled inside of me. "If you won't answer that, then answer this: What did you do to General Rhyn?!"

"Oh! Not to worry. He's...alive. Barely." A body was thrown at me and landed right in front of me. His dark hair covered in blood. So is the rest of his body. My knees gave out as I recognized who this is.

"No, no, no, no, no!" General Rhyn lies there, his breaths slowing by the second. His life evaporating in front of my eyes.

"Now, you can die with him, or..." he trailed off for dramatic effect, "kill him yourself." His smile was wicked. I shook my head. Well, we both did. This was just horrendous. Appalling was a better word. A sword was presented by someone who was behind him, but I couldn't tear my eyes off the dying body. Kraveera closed her eyes and stared at the man. She grabbed the sword and placed it next to the general's neck. Her grip tightened on the handle as tears came out of their cage. She shook her head and raised her sword.

And swung it at the shadow man. He just shimmered and reappeared on the same spot. Shock didn't cover it.

"I knew you were going to do that. How predictable." He taunted. He nodded at the person who gave the princess a sword. The woman lunged at Princess Kraveera, but before anything could happen and bright light showered the entire area. So bright that it hurt my eyes.

Then everything went dark.