Chapter 8

A gate. A wall. Light. Bright yellow light surrounded parks, lakes, and streets. Images of someone screaming. Images of someone ruling. Images and images of people flickered in my mind. And suddenly, it stops on one. A mix of dark and light. The sky was stained in crimson and fuchsia. Some plants were kept in the dark and other exposed to a soft glow. Somehow I knew what it was, though I have never seen anything like it. Dawn.

I sat up, gasping. Trying to get as much air as possible into my lungs as if I've been drowning. I suddenly felt dizzy and dropped back down again and looked up.

Right into Zerek's beautiful green eyes.

No wait, they weren't green anymore. I frowned and looked closely. It was mostly green, but it had a mix of other light greens and darker greens. There were spots of blue and yellow in there as well. And tiny, orange pieces swirled around his eyes. It just made his eyes even more incredible.

"You have such colourful eyes..." I breathed. He smirked then suddenly scowls. He walks towards the mirror and tries to see it for himself.

"No, my eyes are just green." He frowns. I shook my head. For some reason I can't look away from his unusual eyes. But I – regrettably – looked away anyways. Glancing around, I saw unfamiliar surroundings. Black walls were covered with pictures I didn't recognize. One of them was a young boy and his parents behind him, holding onto him as if he might run away. I was on top of a long gray couch that looked more expensive than my life! A wooden table in between the couch I'm lying on and the couch across me. Sitting up, slowly this time, I saw more than before. There was a kitchen, which Zerek was making a sandwich, and there was a staircase. Upstairs, I'm guessing there would be a master bedroom. And two other bedrooms like other normal houses. Entering the living room, Zerek handed me a plate with a sandwich on it and he sat on the couch across from me. I looked down on the sandwich and realized how hungry I am. The lion roared when I still haven't taken a bite.

We sat in silence for a long time. Then I asked, "Where are we?"

"My house," Zerek answered, casually. I looked around the place, impressed. More minutes passed in silence. Then he cleared his throat and asked, "Did you see anything before you woke up?" he asked it so quietly, that I thought I didn't hear the question properly.

I nodded and told him about the vision thing. "It was mostly random images really. There was a gate and behind it was a red brick wall. Then there was this strange yellow light, and I could see this beautiful field and lakes and even streets..." my smile faded as I remembered the rest. I gulped down the sandwich before continuing. "Then there was screaming," my voice was so quiet, I had to repeat again a bit louder for Zerek. "Then there was someone with a crown. I couldn't see the person's face though. And then it was images that linked to those two, almost all of them having the same person. A person holding a sword or something." I shook my head, trying to get the images out of my head. Then I scowled as I remembered the last image. "The last image was strange. I have never seen anything like it before. It was like a mix between light and dark. It had orange and pink colours in the sky. If it were a painting, the trees and other objects would be painted or drawn black. It was beautiful. Breathtaking, but I have never seen it before. And yet I knew what it was called. D-"

"Dawn." Zerek cut me off.

"How did you know?" I asked, clearly confused. His face has grown paler and paler when I talked about my vision. I took another bite as I stared at him.

"I had sort of the same vision. There was a gate like you said, in front of red bricks. But I saw an image of a girl. Then of a hand with this symbol on it" he drew a symbol I didn't recognize. It was a triangle with a circle in the center. And in the middle of the circle was a four-pointed star. "And like you, I had an image of a person with a knife. And finally, an image of the field that was a mix of light and dark. Dawn." Then he swore under his breath.