Chapter 13

It was warm. And comfortable. And I huddled closer to the source. It shifted. So, did I. I could barely open my eyes, but when I did, I was in for a shock.

I jerked upright, only to be dragged back down again.

"You were snuggling so close to me! Why'd you move?" Zerek murmured, his lips brushing my ear. His hand slid down to my waist and wrapped around my stomach. He pulled me closer, and I could feel his even breath against my neck. Thank god he couldn't see me, 'cause number one, it was dark in here, the auto-lights were always on a timer and only switches on in a certain time and number two, I am turned away from him. Blood raced to my cheeks as he buried his head in-between my shoulder and my neck. Okay! I can't take this anymore! I pried his comforting hand away and stood up and away from him. The lights switched on. I guess it's eight o'clock. I thought. Zerek sat on the couch, his clothes crumpled from the sleep and his hair tangled like a spider's web. And he looked downright handsome. Injured but handsome. God, he's breath-taking! I looked down when I realized I was staring and blushed some more.

"Let's just take a look at your burnt hand, shall we?" I walked over to the kit and came back and kneeled in front of Zerek. I held my hand out and he gave me his bandaged one. Slowly removing the bandage, I gasped. There was nothing. I mean nothing at all. It's as if it never happened. I continued to stare at it, while Zerek just looked bored.

"Ho-how is that possible?" I stammered.

"You seem to always forget that you and I are supernatural beings. What do you think happened?" I know what he meant, but it doesn't mean I won't be surprised that it actually happened. I blinked. And again. Still not believing my own eyes.

"But I didn't heal as fast as you did!" I argued.

"Yes, that's because it happened before you transitioned to a witch." He sighed and walked over to the kitchen and came back out with a tiny but very sharp knife. I quickly stood up and backed away.

"What the hell are you going to do with that?" I asked, pointing at the weapon he's holding.

"I'm going to show you how you heal." He was so fast that I didn't even see him coming. I saw the blood pour out of my hand before the pain arrived. I squirmed and wanted to squeeze my hand shut, but I knew that'll only make things worse. Zerek just stood there, though he did look a bit regretful. And that's when it happened. I felt my skin stretch then glue together and it healed itself. Saw the blood clot then disappear completely. My hand turned purple, then pink then back to pale. Crimson still stained my hand, but as I brushed my hand over it, I couldn't even see a scar.

"Damn" I murmured. The pain also faded from my hand as the healed itself. I looked up at Zerek in shock, then scowled at him.

"So basically, I have you fixed up with bandages and all that when you could've just healed yourself up? I can't believe it!" I threw my hands in the air in frustration and sat on the couch.
"That is true, but our wounds still could get infected without the right care. Like yours, you could've gotten infected. But by the speed you healed... It was actually faster than any other witch or warlock's speed." He stared at my hand with wide eyes and o stared at him, still dumbstruck at our ability to heal. The next thing I know there will be a dragon flying around our heads.
I shook my head and stood.
"Come on, we can't stay here forever, you need to have a shower and as sad as it is there is no shower down here." I waved my arms around the mini cabin and gesture for him to follow me.

The rock door flew open, and the lights switched off as soon as we were out. I walked in my normal pace then backtracked since I realized Zerek doesn't know the way around here. It was frustrating when I had to walk as slow as a snail, but it would be useless if Zerek knocked his head somewhere and fell unconscious.
Finally, we made it back to my closet. I listened in first then slowly opened the backboard. The door of the wardrobe was closed but not completely. I told Zerek to stay behind for a while and I crawled into the wardrobe.
It was bare.
The closet had nothing in it.
My clothes were gone.
I opened the door and gasped. My clothes were scattered all over the floor. My table was pulled out and my bed was pulled apart. My mattress is basically lying on the floor. I could not let Zerek into this m--

"Wow! And I thought my room was messy!" He whistled as he looked around the place. I groaned and climbed out of the cupboard. Zerek crawled out behind me and then took a huge sweep of the room. I threw my arms up.