32.

As I embraced Kaden, his arms tightened around me, and he rested his head on my shoulder. "Hi, Kaden, I've missed you," I said with a smirk.

But the mood shifted when a familiar face appeared at the door. "Jessica, I'm not interested in being your friend, leave," Kaden spoke with seriousness.

"Ugh, fine. I'm sure you'll be done with her in a few weeks," Jessica retorted, biting her lip. However, Kaden had enough and shut the door in her face.

With her departure, I couldn't help but ask, "Who is she?" I gazed at Kaden, my heart throbbing with curiosity.

"A crazy psycho who will do anything to get in my pants," Kaden revealed, looking into my eyes with sincerity. "I had a connection with her and cheated on Kate at the time. I was a bad person, but I promise you, I won't let her get involved in our relationship."

My emotions swirled, and I whispered, "How can you promise me that, Kaden?"

"Because I love you," he said, his gaze unwavering.

The weight of his words pressed on me, and I couldn't hold back my anger any longer. "You can't prove something like that, Kaden. You just admitted to cheating on Kate, and I see the way she looks at you. She's in love with you," I confessed, trying to restrain my tears.

Kaden's expression turned perplexed, as he tried to find the right words. "Naomi, I love you... and I don't know any other way to prove it," he whispered softly.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pleaded, "Block her, delete her number, just do anything that would stop you from cheating." I pushed him away, needing space from the tumultuous emotions flooding my heart.

He reached out to me, whispering, "Baby."

"I just need space from you, from this," I said, retreating upstairs.

Kaden's POV

In the midst of the chaos in my heart, Jessica's sudden appearance was like a whirlwind, unsettling my world. Fueled by frustration, I sent a heated message, trying to keep her at bay. But as I locked my phone and saw Bella playing with her toys, I knew I had to regain composure.

Heading upstairs, I found Naomi on my bed, and my heart called out to her. "Baby," I whispered, gently turning her to face me. "Naomi," I repeated, desperation in my voice. "I love you, Naomi. She means nothing to me, and I'd never hurt you. I'm deeply in love with you, Naomi Smith."

However, my past haunted her, casting a shadow of doubt. Her words cut deep, accusing me of being a cheater. The pain was unbearable. "I'd never cheat on you, but you're never going to trust me, are you?" I choked out before leaving the room, my heart breaking.

In my anguish, I saw my little sister enjoying snacks. I couldn't let her see me like this; it wouldn't set the right example. Heading to the kitchen, I grabbed a bottle of alcohol and retreated to the backyard. Lit cigarette in hand, I tried to find some solace in the night.

Back inside, I gently put Bella to bed and faced the reality that Naomi might not want to speak with me now. Seeking distraction, I turned to my game, where Jamie was waiting online. Trying to shake off my emotions, I playfully bantered with him, trying to mask my pain.

But Naomi's presence was impossible to ignore, and she quietly entered the room, looking troubled. I welcomed her onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her as we continued playing. Her trust in me, yet apprehension towards Jessica, weighed heavily on me.

Assuring her that Jessica was no longer a part of my life and that my heart belonged solely to Naomi, I vowed to protect our relationship fiercely. My love for her was unwavering, and together, we confronted the doubts that haunted us.

In that moment, as we exchanged heartfelt whispers of love, I realized that despite the turmoil, there was hope for us. And with each kiss, I knew we were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, for our love was stronger than any doubt or temptation.