42

As Kaden and I arrived at my house, the memories of our past relationship swirled in my mind, but I couldn't resist reaching out to him. I convinced him to come over, despite the breakup, and my mom had grown tired of my tearful lamentations. So, she suggested I talk to him, and here we were, both sitting on the couch.

I watched as Kaden picked up a bottle of alcohol and grinned at me. Despite my inner turmoil, I forced a smile, dropped my bag, and joined him on the couch. We started drinking, and as the alcohol took effect, my emotions surged to the surface.

"I just hate him, you know? If I ever see him, I just want to rip out his stupid everything," I vented, my annoyance evident.

"Mhmm, he's very annoying," Kaden agreed, playfully tossing his shirt at me, which made me laugh.

Trying to lighten the mood, I turned on the TV and played some music. The room filled with our laughter as we danced, but the warmth made me uncomfortable. I decided to shed my clothes, ending up in just my underwear and bra.

"This is the most fun I've had in a while," I laughed, feeling liberated. Kaden placed his hands on my waist, and we were drawn closer.

I took another swig from the alcohol and sat back on the couch. Tugging Kaden towards me, I kissed him impulsively.

"You're drunk," he whispered cautiously.

"I know," I giggled, brushing off his concern and kissing him again. Our making out slowly intensified as Kaden gently pushed me onto the sofa.

"Your mom will be here in a minute," he reminded me, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I know," I smiled mischievously, unfazed by the imminent interruption. Our intimacy continued, but our fun was short-lived as my mom walked in, catching us in the act.

"You two having fun?" she said playfully, joining in our laughter, while Kaden groaned in embarrassment.

He rested his head on my stomach as I ran my fingers through his soft hair, and a sense of comfort enveloped us.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were coming so early," Kaden apologized, glancing at my mom.

"It's okay, Kaden. You can stay here tonight. Your parents are having a date night, and they probably won't want you coming home if you know what I mean," my mom chuckled, revealing her understanding and approval.

"Yeah, I'll stay," he grinned, and my mom went upstairs, giving us some privacy.

"Sleepover," I grinned at the thought, teasingly.

"Speaking of sleep, we should do that," he suggested with a smile. Before I knew it, he playfully picked me up, and I tapped his back in a rhythm that made him laugh.

Landing on my soft sheets, Kaden tossed a shirt my way. I hugged him from behind, savoring the closeness of the moment.

"Get dressed," he chuckled, his playful demeanor making my heart flutter.

"I want a hug," I mumbled, my longing evident as I buried my face into his back.

"Get dressed, and you can have a long hug," he responded, turning around to reveal his warm smile, the kind that could melt away my worries.

With a mixture of reluctance and anticipation, I obeyed, slipping into a small shirt. As I prepared myself, I couldn't help but wonder how this simple act of getting dressed could lead to something more.

Finally ready, I joined him, feeling a sense of comfort envelop me as he wrapped his arms around me. His hug felt like a safe haven, a place where all my troubles dissolved, and it was just the two of us, connected by an unspoken understanding.