20

"come on bambina, you know I have to be at the hospital in about half an hour."

the blonde pulled her blanket up to hid under it, not wanting to get up...

"coming..." she tried to groan but her morning voice wasn't the strongest and cracked.

"Are you good here at home?" the Italian asked, while preparing their coffee.

"I thought about getting some more stuff from my apartment today... and then I should actually go to work as well. It feels like I wasn't there in ages..." she frowned.

"You still don't really wanna go huh?"

she slowly shook her head no...

"Is it because of what Andy said to you?"

"It's everything... I feel like I lost my family I had there... but I miss working so much. I miss them..."

"I'm sure everything will be okay soon Bellina. Maybe you all have a girls night and talk about everything here and not at the station with some nice food and alcohol?" Carina suggested.

"Maybe... but how do I ask her that without it being weird"

"Maybe just text her after shift."

"Yeah that seemes like a good idea..."
She smiled giving her a soft kiss on her cheek.

"And I want them all to get to know you finally."

"well I know Vic already... but I agree I need more friends." she giggled.

they finished their coffee and carina casually looked at her watch.

"Fuck I'm way too late already, we'll talk later?"

"Of course bye babe I love you have a nice day."

"you as well Bellina"

(carinas pov)

I hoped this day I won't loose someone again... I didn't tell Maya about what happened. I'm sure she would understand but I just didn't wanted to bother her...
But I knew I needed to talk to someone cause I felt like that thing is still inside me, trying to get into my thoughts all the time.

After my successful c-section I went to the cafeteria to get some lunch.
I saw Arizona on the other table so I joined her.

"hey, how's your day going?"

"okay so far"

"mine as well" the blonde smiled.
her eyes reminded me of Maya I thought...

we ate our food and had a little small talk here and there.
I thought about telling her, she was a pediatrician so she definitely knows what to do when such a situation happens...
but I wasn't sure if lunch was the right time for that.
I was about to finish my cookie when Arizona got paged.

"Sorry, have a good day carina" she said while running towards the or.

well... I thought, my decision was made by its self. I sighed and went back to the or, I had another c-section planned for today.

(mayas pov)

I put the empty gymback onto the passenger seat, and drove to my apartment again.
It felt everything else but good when I saw the apartment building.

I'm so mad at my dad for ruining this place for me... carina and my first date night...
I still remember how she almost forgot about our food when we were in my bed and very drunk me just kissed her...

I realized I didn't moved so I got out of the car, walking towards my apartment complex.

it was the third floor, normally I would run these stairs up.
today I felt like taking it slow. my grip tight around my gym bag.

when I reached the third floor... I...

"Kiddo open the door... now"

an; I will continue asap but we love a good cliffhanger ;) I'm sorry this is a bit shorter but the next one will be... exciting
also thank you so much for all of your comments and ideas, definitely will put them in at some point.