9

(mayas pov)

I never met her brother before, but I instantly recognized it must have been him, looking almost exactly like Carina in a male version.

But this meeting is nothing as I wished it to happpen anytime soon.

Carinas tension building up was unmistakable.

"Andrew" She shouted at him. With a loud, clear voice.

I never ever saw her angry in the short amount of time knowing her.

I was afraid of their reaction, knowing by my experiences that siblings can be obnoxious to one another.

He began talking Italian, so I can't understand what's been said. Their loud voices, screaming at each other I assume they were really fighting now. Infront of her apartment door.

Deluca inteding to shout some sort of curse words towards her sister.

"Andrew! Please just get home, and sleep." I heard Carina begging.

I saw him pointing at me instantly feeling a bad feeling in my stomach, knowing that I'm now the main topic of the conversation... I stepped forward, wanting to be near Carina right now.

I threw an asking look towards her face wanting to know what's just been said about me.

"It's okay Maya, It's okay" She calmed me down, which I was grateful for since this whole scenario triggered some bad stuff inside me, she didn't even know about. But still I wanted to know why her brother seemed to have a problem with me.

After what felt like ages her brother ran past us.

The sudden silence felt weird and it took me a while to realize Carina hasn't moved since.

"Let's go inside sweetie" I said to her with a calm voice, not wanting to bring any more attention to her neighbours.

She looked at me, sad...

What a great day I thought... recent events made my head ache again but that was one of my least problems now.

As we were inside I took a deep breath since we are safe in her apartment now.

"Carina are you okay?" I asked her worried since she hasn't talked to me so far.

(carinas pov)

I knew it... I knew this would escalate quickly. I'm so sorry to put maya into this when she deserved nothing but safety right now.

"mhm" was all I could offer her as an answer, knowing is wasn't very persuading to her.

I went into my bathroom locking my door since I needed a few minutes alone to get a clear head again.

I tried to ignore the fact that maya will be knocking at that door any second while I splashed the cold water into my face.

Maya tried to remain calm, first of all changing into her pyj's and making a tea for both of them...

Then she walked up to the bathroom, knowing carina was probably about to have a mental breakdown again, which would be the second one in two days.

(mayas pov)

Not knowing what to do I knocked at the door, hoping for any reaction. Carina was the one supporting me everytime. She was the strong one of us, the one who seemed to be able to handle anything. Now sitting in the bathroom whimpering.

"Carina let me in please..." I tried it once again. I heard her standing up, probably no energy for another discussion. Standing now in front of me.

Completely different than I was used to it, not the confident, elegant woman. Sadness all over her body, probably only wanting to hide from everyone. That look broke me but I stayed strong for her already heading into her thin, soft arms.

Trying to let her feel the same comfort and safety in my arms than I have the other day in hers.

(carinas pov)

Feeling her made it better now... I still felt not good about her seeing me like this.

"It's okay." Is what she whispered into my ear causing me to press my body tighter against her muscular body, which was comforting me.

I buried my head into her neck trying to muffle the noise of me sobbing. Her hand caressing my hair and back meanwhile, making me feel like this is the only place I was supposed to be right now.

She guided me into my bed and I sat down, wiping my tears away, finally looking at her blue mesmerizing eyes again. She went into my kitchen, coming back handing me a cup of tea.

I slid as close to her as I could, giving her a kiss on her cheek. She put her cup on the bedside table, so she could give her my full attention now. My mouth wanting to taste hers. Her hand grabbing my hair I took the sign deepening my kiss as long as I could after we both needed some air.

"I love you."

"I love you too" Maya said, leaning her haid onto my shoulder again.

--
reviews welcome
xx