21

(mayas pov)

It felt like everything stand still... my blood, my breathing. I felt like I couldn't move... my hands started shaking so I used my other one to hold the gym bag as well, I was so scared dropping it accidentally.
I faced his back... he couldn't see me I stood around the corner.
I stood there and waited, I had no feeling for how much time passed.
I pressed my body against the wall, as I felt dizzyness in my head.
I tried to think....

"eyes forward... embrace the pain.
eyes forward... embrace the pain
eyes forward... embrace the pain"

was all my mind told me.
"MAYA I KNOW YOU'RE HOME"
he now yelled and slammed his fist, against the door multiple times...

I don't know what I thought in this moment. My mind was shut off, my body worked on it's own. I just ran... as fast as I could. I ran outside the building.

I didn't feel the cold air hitting my face. I didn't felt anything except the panic building up inside me.
I ran and ran until I saw Grey Sloan.

I gasped and wheezed...
the oxygen didn't reach my lungs...
I felt my body heating up.

My vision was all blurred as I made my way into the hospital.

(carina pov)

It was 2pm now, I was wondering if Maya already finished packing her stuff. I think so though, she wouldn't spend much more time in her apartment than necessary.
She admitted that she was scared, I don't know how much but I hope everything is okay and she's on her way to work now.

(mayas pov)

I tried to get to the reception.
Part of me wanted carina, the other one definitely not...

"Ma'am is everything okay?"

I didn't register the voice talking to me... I tried to catch my breath more and more but it didn't help....

I gasped and felt my body shaking I wanted to answer but it didn't worked.
I felt lost I didn't know what to do...

What if my dad noticed me, what if he followed me... what if...

my lung hurted due to the heavy breathing i had

"try to stay calm, help is on the way.
page neuro..." I heared the woman talk to the phone.

(amelia pov)

"But I liked the purple ones better" I jokingly argued with link.

"But if it's a girl I want her to have at least one piece of pink clothing."

"What if she hates pink, I hate pink. not every girl likes pink. " I defended with a pouting face.

*pager beeped*

"fuck I gotta go... see you"

As I entered the ER I saw a blonde women. Obviously having some kind of problem. I headed toward her.

"You paged me... what happened?" I asked one of the nurses.

"seems like a panic attack, going to hyperventilate."

I came a little closer, looking at the women who's condition seemed getting worse every minute.

"trauma one" I ordered

"Ma'am would you come with me?"
I tried to say as calmly as I could to not add more stress, she turned around and for one second I was shook.

she was pale, sweat pearls on her forehead. her eyes didn't focus anywhere and she shaked and gasped... now I realized who she was...
it was carinas girlfriend

"It's okay... it's okay come on..."I tried calming her down. I didn't waited for any response I gently helped her walking into the trauma room...

"Schmidt, paper bag, quickly." I ordered one of my interns while I tried to get Maya seated down.

"Maya it's okay, can you tell me what happened... are you hurt?"

"I... I...." she held her chest indicating breathing was really hard right now.

"Do you want me to page Dr. DeLuca?"

she didn't reacted to my question...

"here doctor shepherd"
Schmidt handed me the paper bag

"okay Maya I want you to breath in there, nice deep slow breaths and it's gonna get better I promise..."

as I held the bag in front of her mouth she pushed it away...Damn it I thought. She was probably too scared and overwhelmed already but we had to get her breathing normal, her pulse and BP were over the top.

"Schmidt find carina, say she should come to or one... and she should hurry"

(carina pov)
"What's the hurry Schmidt?"

"They uhm... They need you in trauma room one... it's urgent"

"Okay thanks... I'm coming" I had a bad feeling and ran out of my office into the big hall"

(amelias pov)

"Maya... Maya look at me... carina is coming okay"

suddenly her fidgety hands grabbed mine as she fell on her side.

I had good reaction time and grabbed her so she wouldn't fall off the stretcher.

carina can't see her like this... I thought...

an: part 2 to this is coming...
what do y'all think? let me know if you have any wishes for the next chapter :)