25

Carina was turning around in her sleep, her hands were searching her girlfriends body, where she would find comfort in.
"veini qui" she was mumbling half asleep.
But Maya wasn't in their bedroom...

mayas pov
I woke up for what felt the hundredths time. I went in the kitchen, pouring some water in the empty glass of wine from last evening.
I saw the moving boxes and 5 minutes later I quietly started unpacking them.
I had my phone with me and plugged my headphones in as I wanted to distract me from the incoming memories.

Clothes, more clothes and some pillows... I folded them and arranged them on the couch as I didn't wanted to disturb carina.
I opened another box and under another blanket of mine I saw it.
My medal...
I stared at it I don't know for how long...
My medal... I thought again. I grabbed it wiping the dust away.
Mason... I thought as I felt a lump in my throat.
My hands became cold I felt my body getting numb as I sat on the cold floor holding my gold medal, the thing that was supposed to be my pride but had so many bad memories in it.

I wrapped myself in the blanket trying to warm myself up again.

My mind dragged me to one of the memories...

-

"Mason" I called my little brother as I sprinted as fast as I could motivating him to get even a little close to me but he was obviously way slower than I was.

"Maya that's unfair" he pouted.
"Therefore you can draw" I said smiling.

"Not like anybody would care" she whispered and I gave him a hug.
"I do and you know that..."

"You know dad isn't home until evening should we go eat some ice cream?"

I hesitated... I knew was on a strict diet.

"Maya come on..." he begged me.

I gave in and we had the best day in a long time enjoying our time alone without our parents near by.

But when we went home my dad got suspicious, he noticed everything.

Not only did he death stared at me but Mason aswell...
Afterwards my Plate of food was thrown at the wall...
Mason sat there all numbed up and I couldn't say something or cry either.
I didn't blamed him...
I knew he wanted to do something good for me.

But he did... he felt guilty but he didn't had any chance to reach out to anyone as he was sent into his room immediately.
I knew I had an hour of hard work out coming.
Mason though ended the day with another day of him getting drugged up in his bedroom, as I found out later...
But well nobody except me cared, but what could I have done?
Could I have helped him?

-

I silently wiped a tear away and took a deep breath.

I layed the medal next to me aswell as the picture I found later on.

I looked at the gold medal once again and remembered how this, after everything was still my dream that came true. I won this race.
I always won... I thought and so I was sure now.
I wanted to be the captain of station 19. Unless Andy wanted it, then I would give it to her.
But she already told me not to so...

I finished almost all of the boxes when I suddenly heard steps coming.
Fuck...

carinas pov
My hand wandered all over the mattress until I realized that Maya wasn't there. I opened my eyes and suddenly heard some noises from the living room.

I saw Maya wrapped up in her blanket, rummaging in one of the boxes.
I saw her medal next to her...

"Maya what on earth are you doing it's 4am..."

she flinched when she heard my voice.

"I couldn't sleep so I started unpacking" She said innocently.

I didn't really know what to do or say...

"I'm sorry... did I woke you up?" she stood up walking towards me.

"it's okay" I reassured her tiredly...

She gave me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Coming back to bed now?" I asked her as I really craved her touch right now... I didn't know why.

I smiled when I was her nodding.
She didn't let go of the blanket, she took the picture and her medal and put it in the drawer beside the bed...

I knew she wouldn't tell me if she wasn't ready and I wasn't in the mood to ask questions so I crawled in the bed wrapping my arms tight around her...

"Everything okay?" She asked me...
I gave her a nod even if I wasn't sure it was... I don't know... somehow this night I felt... weird but laying next to her definitely made me feel better.

I wanted to ask her as well but in the end I knew the answer anyways so I stayed quiet.
I closed my eyes as I felt another soft kiss on my lip.
I sighed.
It seemed like Maya needed me too as we both layed not an inch away from each other, our arms around the other one, making sure nobody left.

Mayas chest was rising and falling in steady intervals. I felt every movement of hers on my body and soon our breaths were synced.
Occasionally I felt her having some lighter twitches and her face changed from peaceful to slightly discomforted.
She must dream again I thought.

I caressed her warm cheek which calmed her down and I slowly drifted off.

The next morning Maya was still fast asleep, her arm around me.

I quietly got up and went to the kitchen to prepare some food.
We both had to go to work late today so we could enjoy our relaxed morning.

Thinking about work I remembered Arizonas message and quickly replied now that I was alone and had time.

Hey, coming back today. :)

I flipped the pancake around and then set the table.

"Good morning" I heard a raspy morning voice greet me.
I turned around looking in her sleepy ocean blue eyes.

"hey bambina are you hungry?"

"Why do you think I'd be already up then?" she said with a smile.

Maya and Carina enjoyed their breakfast when the Italian suddenly broke the comfortable silence.

"Do you wanna talk about last night?"

an; thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
what do you think will she tell her something...?
What would you want to happen next?
xo