8

Carina walked into the hospital first of all ordering a coffee even if they couldn't keep up with carinas at home at all... but better than nothing. Maya seemed enjoy the hot cup she could hold while she was shivering and trying to warm up.

She folllowed the italian into her office were she quickly changed into her soft looking babypink scrubs.

"you can lay down on the stratcher until I get patients" Carina told Maya who was insecure on what to do in the big, kinda frightening looking room with all the medical supplies.

"oh... okay" she said, thankful she could rest her head.

Only after a few minutes already the pager beeped loud as Maya twitched even if she is familiar with this noise.

"Gotta go, you can stay here" Carina said to her, running out of the room down the hallway.

(mayas pov)

The door closed and I tried really hard not to cry... I don't know whats going on with me... I'ts not like she is dead but the fact that she is not here anymore scares me. I'm not like that. People come, I have fun with people, people leave. Thats it, no big feelings, moving on as fast as I could so nobody gets to truly know me. Carina decided to stay, which I have never experienced so I hope she really does... I'm scared of loosing the new love I found, keeping me alive.

I must have overheard someone knocking, because the door opened. I sat up, quickly fixing my hair.

"Dr. Deluca?" she said loudly coming in. Instantly stoping when she saw me

"heyy, she got paged, I don't know when she'll be back" I explained to her

"Ahh oh okay, do we know each other?"

"sorry, Maya Bishop, station 19"

Should I tell her? I paused looking for her to say something

"Ahh, Ben Warrens place rigth?" I nodded. "Carina is your friend?" She asked me

I smiled. When I heard her name I felt some of the safety she gave me.

"we... uhm..." I didn't know if Carina would have wanted anybody to know...

"I get it" She reassured me.

"I'm Amelia, sorry" She smiled at me... Her blue eyes silmilar to mine.

I layed down, cause the pounding in my head got stronger again

"You okay?" She asked me concerned

"Just drank too much yesterday" I hope she'll not ask more questions, I can't tell her about me right now.

"I'll go get you some meds" She interrupted my ongoing overthinking

"thank you amelia"

As the door opened I was relived I could finally cure my pain, physical pain... But as I heard another voice greeting me I was so glad she came back

"Carina" I jumped down off the stretcher, running into her arms my mouth touching hers.

(Carinas pov)

I did not expect that reaction. But I missed her too. Pushing her back to the stretcher I felt her warm breath in my face, her lips not leaving my mouth.

"I have your meds, do u still need them or did Carina cured your headache?" I heard Amelias voice. We stopped, putting distance between our faces.

"Amelia..." I said a little insecure of how she will feel about what she just saw.

"Thanks Amelia, I'll take them, my head hates me today" Maya told her in the meantime.

"It's fine Carina, I had assumptions already when I saw her in here" She pointed on maya, winking at me."

"Did you wanted to see me in the first place?" I asked her, still had to adapt to this situation

"Yes... Do you have a miute?"

"Of course, See you later bella" I Indicate to her to wait outside, since there are most likely sensitive infornation will be shared.

"I'm late" Amelia blurs out

"So you think you might be pregnant?" I asked her directly

She looked at me in shook

"It's okay Dr. Shepherd" I tried to keep this more professional

"Oh god don't Dr. me right now" She begged

"Amelia..." I repeated myself "This is nothing bad... Lets make a quick ultrasound to see if everything is okay..." Her eyes wide open she tries to process this information.

"Can... Can we do this tomorrow, I'm sure you have other patients more important than me right now"

"I almost finished my shift, quiet day today" I smiled adding "But sure, whatever you want, Tomorrow I've 7-16 So just text me when you want to come" to not make her feel pushed to anything, she didn't wanted.

"Sure. Now go get your girl home, she had a rough day right?" I smiled, noticing Amelia was fully okay with me being with her. I'm new here and I'm not sure how everyone will react. But having her, as someone I can return to when I have struggles, is good .

"Yeah..." Amelia came, giving me a quick hug. I siletly sighed into her arms being relived I apparently have found my first friend in seattle.

"Thank you" I told her

"Nothing to thank me for, I think we will have some deep talk anyway" She says with a serious undertone. I don't know what she meant but I smiled back at her

"I'm here if you need anything." I told her

As she opened the door there was Mayas smile again, the minute she saw me. heartwarming.

"Here you have her again" Amelia winked at us and i waved at her saying goodbye for today.

"my place or yours?" she asked me.
and i was happy she wanted to be my company for another night

"mine, it's cozier since we decorated it together" i answered.

as we drove home and went up the stairs, relived we could relax together i saw Andrew in front of my door, just waiting for me to come home...

i wish i had said mayas apartment
... i angrily headed towards him...