Save Some For Later Too

Two months later.

"Are you ready yet?"

"Yup. Almost."

"You better come out in the next ten seconds",I hiss, jumping up and down to hold my pee.

"Yeah. Yeah. Wait a sec."

"You're so annoying Anshu",I complain.

"Get in before your bladder bursts",she rolls her eyes as she walks out.

I relieve my bladder,sighing in content. I scowl at my reflection, irritated when the dupatta was off it's place. It was so hard to wear one on a cold shoulder dress.

"Are you girls ready yet?",I hear Avyukth when I come out.

He had invited us to his cousin brother's house warming ceremony.

And we, hostelites never say No to free food.

"Yeah. Coming coming",I mumble.

I roll my eyes when I see Anshu and Avyukth stare at each other.

I fake gag,"Save some for later too", I tease.

Avyukth blinks,"Of course not",he says, smoothening his pants.

"Let's go?",he says, looking at me.

I give him a confused look,glancing at Anshu as she avoids my eyes.

I narrow my eyes at the two.

"Come on Sandy. Let's go",she says, pulling my hand.

I sigh, walking out.

"Hello"I greet the lady,Bhavya, Avyukth's brother's wife,"Congratulations."

She smiles at me,making small talk.

I look around the house, surprised that Avyukth had invited alot of his friends.

"Anshu?",I poke her arm when my best friend stands next to me quietly,"Isn't that guy in the Paediatrics department?"

"How would I know?",she says, annoyed.

"What's the matter with you?"

"What?"

I sigh, understanding the reason when Avyukth approaches us with the exact sour face as his girlfriend.

"Did something happen?",I ask them.

I am bewildered when Avyukth glares at Anshu.

"Hey Sandy",I hear another voice,"I didn't expect to see you here."

"Um. Hey Nikhil. Yeah. Avyukth invited me",I say.

Why the heck am I feeling so awkward?

"Cool",he says, turning to Avyukth as they talk.

My eyes involuntarily look around.

Avyukth had invited his friends. And if Nikhil was here...

"Dhruv is not here",Anshu mumbles from beside me when she see me searching faces.

"Oh",I turn to her,"How do you know that?"

"I just know",she mumbles.

"Why did you and Avyukth fight?",I whisper.

"Sandy",Anshu glares at me,"You have no sense of time or place."

I pout, looking towards Avyukth for some answer,only to find both Avyukth and Nikhil looking towards us.

The former only glares at his girlfriend though.

I sigh. It makes me so uneasy when these two fought.

"At least don't make it so obvious",I whisper yell at the two when they glare at each other,that people have started staring.

I drag my best friend's hand, walking towards the food section.

Those idiots would have made a scene in another minute.

"I asked Avyukth not to invite Dhruv. He's mad at me about that",Anshu mumbles when we start eating.

My eyes soften.

Oh. How I love my best friend so much.

"You didn't have to, Anshu."

"That guy is so mean to you Sandy. He manages to get to you like no one else. And...and you are so sad after that",Anshu says quietly.

"I know what you mean. But I don't want you to fight with Avyukth about it."

"That's the whole point",She exclaims, annoyed,"He knows that we hate him. And when he actually proposed the idea of inviting Dhruv,I lost my cool. I straight away told him it's either going to be me or Dhruv attending the function. Stupid man."

I smile,my heart so happy that I have such an amazing best friend,"I know you're just looking out for me. But",I press my lips,"You really have no filter when you're angry Anshu. I'm sure Avyukth is not mad about not inviting Dhruv. I'm pretty sure you uttered some crap that might have pissed him off."

Anshu flushes, glaring at me,"Shut up and have your food."

I shake my head,devouring my meal.

"Thanks a lot for hosting us",I smile at Bhavya,bidding her Bye,I nod and smile at her husband beside Anshu and Avyukth.

I was wearing my sandals, almost leaving when I saw Nikhil.

"Hey",I say, surprised to see him again,"Um. Bye",I say,not knowing what else to say.

I turn around, ready to leave, giving him a small awkward smile when he doesn't respond.

"Sandy?"

"Yeah?",I glance at him,turning sideways a bit.

Nikhil doesn't say anything, again, merely staring at my side profile. I look confusedly at him,"Is something the matter?",I ask softly.

Silence unnerves me.

He blinks, shaking his head,"It's nothing. Bye Sandy",he says, walking ahead of me, leaving the place,and me in confusion.

Weir.d.

Hello Hello and Hello!!!

A quick question.

I'm getting ideas about how to proceed. Some are wattpad cliche(not too cliche too. I cannot for the life of me write something cliche. Mild cliche).
And some are hardcore reality, something you can connect to,not the 'It happens only in Fantasy and Movies' kind.

What would you prefer?
Mild cliche or reality?

Drop your suggestions!

I hope you guys are liking the story so far. The story is going to pick pace from now on. Hold tight.

Vote, Comment and Share!

They make my day.

Until next time.
Ruvya❤️