I'm Your Mother.

Things were extremely different from what I had anticipated.

The day Nikhil had accompanied me to the hospital, thirty six hours ago,claiming he had some work ,but actually turned out he wanted to give me company as he stayed with me for the majority of time I'd 'hosted' Niranjan uncle and Akhil, quietly monitoring as I let radiologists do their work.

My heart felt oddly hopeful when he had even dropped me back at the hostel, giving me only an extremely heated look that had me blushing when I asked him why he had accompanied me.

I had thought things had magically fallen into place.

I expected us to be awkward for another day or two,and then kiss,and make up, literally.

Things didn't exactly go that way,even though I was assured that's what usually happened in the thousand web series I'd watched.

Stupid of me.

Since apparently,he did the exact same thing when Anshu was on duty,and she had gone out of the campus for some work of hers. He made small talk, dropped her at the hospital(coz she was scared there were dogs).

What was Nikhil doing so late in the Hospital on two consecutive days?,we don't know.

So yeah.

But there's an extremely strange... pattern I'd noticed in my behaviour.

I missed Nikhil when he was around,the gaping hole in my chest widening in his presence.

The ache was dull when he wasn't around. He was just...there,in the back of my mind. Not present,as such,to make me slip into pits of misery,but not absent,too.

So it made me wonder if I could just forget about him and move on if I just avoided him altogether, without seeing him.

My epic experiment had failed brilliantly after exact four days.

I craved to see him,just a look,a smile, a nod, a text.

Something.

Suffice to say,I felt agitated when Nikhil didn't try too.

He'd been the one always upfront in our relationship. But now that he's taken a backstep, I'm bewildered as to how to proceed.

And the fact that Nikhil suddenly seemed unapproachable, intimidating added to my case as I would miserably sneak glances at him,stalk him.

Anshu thinks it's ego.

She had asked me to 'Get over myself' and go talk to him,a casual conversation,like a friend.

When I had told her that I felt 'scared',she only gave me a confused stare, shrugging, muttering to herself as to how hopeless I am and come up with the randomest excuses.

But it's really not ego.

Nikhil had started to intimidate me for some reason.

Is it normal?

I'm not sure.

I sigh,leaning against the wall,pouting as I check him out from the side,as he continues to walk.

I move away quickly, hiding myself when Nikhil stops, scans his surroundings,shakes his head,and continues to walk.

Where are my balls.

I continue to pout, walking aimlessly,thinking.

I'm glad my phone rang before I could dissect the situation worse, sudden tears welling my eyes as I look at the caller id.