Dhruv Would Never Forgive Me

"So?"

I raise an eyebrow, glancing at her sideways from the Vampire Diaries.

"So, what?"

Anshu glares at me, throwing a pillow on my head.

"I don't know man",I lean my head against the dashboard."I haven't really thought through it."

"How could you not?"

"I felt very liberated after telling him, you know. But that's that. I kinda shut myself so I don't think about Dhruv anymore."

"Avoiding and running aways from problems is not the solution."

"Yeah",I mumble,"But there's been so much boy trouble the last few months. I'm so done with guys."

Anshu sighs impatiently,"Sandy",she snaps,"Give me something."

"Go on. Make yourself useful as my best friend. Give me love advice",I concentrate back on the episode,munching on Nachos.

I glare at her when she shuts the laptop, irritated.

"Start talking now",she says,smug.

"You are so irritating",I grumble.

"Uh huh. Wrong answer."

"We hugged dude. I cried so much I thought I'd flood the campus",I frown,"And he kind of kissed my forehead? Not exactly kiss too, just placed his lips there. Whatever. Yeah.That's that ",I say, attempting to open her laptop again.

Anshu slams it shut,placing her laptop far away from me,"I've heard this crap at least five times already. Tell me how you feel!"

"I told you",I shrug,"I feel nothing."

"Nothing?"

I shake my head ,"Nothing."

"Um",Anshu gives me a confused look,"Nothing at all?"

I give her a deadpanned look,"Nothing at all."

"Like, really nothing?"

"Oh shut up Anshu",I snap.

I freeze in my steps, goosebumps spreading my skin when she asked me the next question.

"Didn't you feel anything when he kissed your forehead?"

"I...",I clear my throat,"I felt nice",I mumble.

"And when you hugged?"

"I'm going to kick your ass if you continue with this crap."

"Ooh",Anshu foods her legs, grinning ,"Now we're getting somewhere."

I glower at my best friend.

"Oh my god. I'm so scared",she rolls her eyes,"Start talking if you're done with this drama."

I will my best friend to combust into my flames if looks had the power.

Unfortunately,they didn't.

"So?",Anshu grinned like a loon on crack, tucking a pillow beneath her elbows,"How was the hug?"

"It was good",I find myself blushing, wanting to kick Anshu.

"Aww",she pinches my cheeks, knowing I hate it

"Stop it",I snap.

"What next?"

"I don't know",I mumble,"I'm so confused."

"Sandy,do you have plans of getting back with Dhruv?"

I ponder on her question,"I don't know."

"It's not a good idea",I hear her mutter to herself. Anshu clears her throat,"What about Nikhil, then?",she asks.

I smack the back of her head,"You and Avyukth are such idiots. Nikhil said he doesn't like me anymore. Stupids."

Anshu frowns,"Seriously? What the hell!"

"Exactly."

"He probably lied to you?",Anshu offers meekly,shutting up when I give her a death glare.

"You know I take things at face value, especially in such cases. So if Nikhil said he doesn't like me,he probably really doesn't",I say. "And I really don't think I and Nikhil are a good idea. Dhruv would never forgive me",I mumble.

"Dhruv can go to hell for all I care",Anshu declares,"Unless...he ignited some sparks again yesterday?"

"I feel very...free,you know",I shrug,"Like, I've done everything in my capability. I got him to listen to me, finally. But you know",I frown to myself, disturbed,"I think I've noticed a pattern in Dhruv. He makes accusations first,and makes an effort to clear up things later. I don't think that's very healthy in a relationship.  It's just that I think he judges every scenario very quickly. And I'm exactly opposite of that. I think,if the other person is actually capable of hurting my feelings like that, which I would like to be reciprocated."

"Even though I feel all mushy about Dhruv right now,after yesterday,the sane part of my mind thinks it's not a good idea. We're going to break again at the next first hurdle. I may be wrong too",I shrug,"It was probably a mistake on his sight to insult me like that. But,I really cannot forgive some of the things he said. I don't want him to take me for granted. Like,he can utter all the crap he wants, and I'll just be there, waiting. His first reaction in any... difficult scenario is hurling harsh words. Even though I have a... soft corner for him right now",I press my lips,"I don't think it'll work out in the long term. Unless he either learns to trust me implicitly or controls his temper."

"Wow. For someone who claimed to not think about it,you pretty much dissected the entire situation",Anshu jokes,"But yeah,I think you're right. Dhruv is... impulsive ,a bit. What you're thinking is absolutely right. But",Anshu pauses, searching my eyes, pulling me into a hug when she sees my teary eyes,"Will you be alright, Sandy?"

"I will be fine",I wrap my arms around her frame,burying me face in her shoulder,"I'm having these... flashbacks of Dhruv and I,making me sad. But I know it's just a fleeting moment. It will pass, hopefully."

"It will, Sandy",Anshu rubs my back,unbothered that I'm wetting the sleeve of her top,"It's just a phase. "

"Should I ... should I give him another chance? What if he's changed?","I ask, breaking the hug, vulnerable, my eyes shining with tears,"What if... what if it works out this time?"

"Shh, Sandy",I notice Anshu tearing up too,as she pulls me into a bear hug, rubbing my back,"You know it's a bad idea. You are stronger than this. You've taken a good decision,stick to it. Even though you may feel soft hearted towards Dhruv right now,I promise it will pass. Just,hold your heart. Everything will be Okay."

I cry in my best friend's arms, feeling my heart shattering into pieces, as she whispers comforting words into my ears.

This time, it's really over.

Being a realist really sucks.

Hello my readers.

This is Sandy's take on the situation.
What is yours?

Should she think differently,in your opinion?

Team Dhruv,anyone?

Vote, Comment and Share!