I Think You're Right.

"It's alright",I smile at a child,about five to six years old when she apologises for bumping into me,in the corridor.

I hum to myself,taking a seat.

"Umm."

"Where are we going?"

The both of them look at each other.

I scroll through my mobile, looking for new places to eat at,as I continue to hum.

"What do you think of— What?"

Anshu looks at me worriedly,and then glances at her boyfriend,to which he just nods.

I roll my eyes when Anshu pokes my arm, jumping back a good two feet when I don't respond.

"Stop being dramatic. Let's go for lunch. And I'll tell you what happened. I'm hungry."

I'm annoyed when I hear them sigh in relief,my eyes flashing,my chest tightening.

We're in the middle of the meal when tension envelopes us.

"Sandy?"

"Stop talking like I'm a ticking bomb",I glare at my best friend.

"Aren't you?"

I continue to glare at her.

Anger is an easier emotion to deal with.

"Fine"She rolls her eyes,taking a sip of her lemonade,"Do we need to punch Nikhil again?"

I press my lips,my senses numbing for a moment.

"No. He's kind of out of it."

"What?",her tone is bewildered.

I press my lips thin as I cut a piece of fish,my vision blurry for some reason.

I gulp down the lump in my throat, blinking furiously.

There's no way I'm going to cry.

After whatever happened.

"Shit",I curse when a persistent drop if tear dislodges from it's place,as I pick a tissue, quickly wiping it away.

Damn.

Shouldn't have chosen a public setting for this discussion.

"Hey. It's alright",Anshu rubs my shoulder.

Best friends are pretty useless.

They have exactly no sense of time or place to comfort.

"Yeah",I take a deep breath.

"We...had a talk",My voice is hoarse as I turn to Anshu and Avyukth,as I continue to eat, trying to make it a casual conversation.

"Yeah. So",I swallow food,tears,words," We just came to a mutual conclusion that we shouldn't pay heed to others' words,and just try harder in our relationship."

Avyukth frowns,"That's...good,right?"

I sniff, nodding,"Yup."

"Why are you upset about it then?",he frowns.

"I'm just a bit overwhelmed. That's all."

Anshu narrows her eyes,"What are you not telling?"

I try hard to make a I'm-completely-alright-so-don't- overanalyse-me-face.

"That's all. Nothing happened",I shrug,my voice sounding bitter even to my own ears ,"Nothing happened."

I'm relieved when the waiter comes with our bill.