Don't be mad at me Sandy

I let cool breeze brush my face as Nikhil and I walk along the Marine Drive.

Even though I've been to the place multiple times,I must say there is a certain charm to the place at night.

Everything looked so beautiful.

I'm lost in my thoughts,gazing at the water when I feel Nikhil intertwining our hands together.

My lips curve upwards to see him already looking at me,his own smile brightening as I squeeze his hand.

"Hmm",I sigh in content,"This feels so good",I stare at the never ending water.

I let Nikhil lead me onto a bench near the shore,as we settle next to each other," Why do you like the water so much Sandy?",Nikhil points to the Arabian sea.

"Water just gives me a...",I shrug, turning to him,"Sense of peace,the calm. I don't know how to explain it, but looking at the gentle hush of waves is very appeasing to me."

I lost count of the number of people that had asked me the same question. But I really don't have any answer for it.

Why do some people like the things they do?

They just do.

"I get it", Nikhil smiles.

"I hope you are not going out of your way to be here. We can return if you're busy."

"It's okay. I have it taken care of", Nikhil smiles,"We can return leisurely,if you're okay with it."

I grin, looking around,"There's the beach. And food. Why will I want to return so early?"

"What about company?"

My smile falters,as I stiffen,"I'm enjoying the company too",I say softly.

"It's alright Sandy",Nikhil runs my arm,"I understand where you're coming from. I'm not going to force you to be anything you're not ready for."

My heart melts at the smile he gives me,"How are you so nice?",I sigh, shaking my head,"It's just so..."

"So?"

"Different. I haven't met someone as patient as you",I say, trying to keep a straight face when Nikhil shifts closer to me,his breath almost hitting my face as we stare at each other.

"I'm patient only because I understand you. I understand your reasoning,your inhibitions. There's nothing wrong in it. My first instinct when I met you at your home was to run away from you, from the problem",Nikhil shrugs,"But I know everyone sorts out their own problems at their own pace. Me or you being persistent will only push us apart. We just need to understand each other and find common ground."

I blink,"You're just... wow. Surreal."

Nikhil laughs, shaking his head.

"Do you want to eat something?"

I look around,"We just ate Vada Pav. Maybe a little while later?"

"Sure", Nikhil smiles,as we sit next to each other in comfortable silence.

I groan when I hear my mobile ring, placing the mobile away from my ear as I pick the call.

"Are you nuts? Where the fuck are you. I woke to pee and you disappear with a message. Going out. Going out? That's the message you leave on my mobile when you disappear in the middle of the night?"

I wince, forcing a smile when Nikhil looks at me amusedly,"Excuse me",I say.

"- with you. You're so irresponsible."