I Said It's Fine

Wattpad had miraculously split my book into two. Therfore haad to unpublish and republish a few parts 😐

Here's your surprise😬
Not proofread.

Nikhil's POV

I run a hand through my hair,not caring about the droplets of sweat dripping across my forehead.

I wince when the edge of the dumbbell drops on my foot,when I'm lost in my thoughts.

Sandy is driving me crazy.

I sigh, dropping on my couch, exhausted at the day's events.

The worst part is, I'm unable to bring myself to be mad at her. I'm just... disturbed.

Her reasoning makes complete sense. I saw everything she went through first hand. I was there. Even though I rationally know she was right on her part,I couldn't help be hurt inspite of that.

There's just so much pain.

For the first time in years,as I close my eyes, I'm hesitant to see her behind my eyelids.

Is she even worth all the fuss.

Maybe, it's time to let go.

The mere thought burns my eyes,deep pain pricking my heart.

No. She's my girl.

Time.

She just needs time.

There's no one for me,if not her.

I like you.

She said it. Finally. After years of waiting. Even though the moment felt bittersweet,it wasn't any less magical. How I wished I could just hug her then.

A soft smile graces my lips as I think of her. All her imperfections make me fall harder in love with her each day.

I sigh,trying to get past the ache in my heart. Although it's been there since years,I haven't learned to be accustomed to it. And even though it hurts, it's a part of me now.

After a certain points,even if the pain hurts,the heart is just used to it,a routine.

And I embrace every emotion related to Sandy whole heartedly,how much ever bitter it might be.

I snap out of my thoughts when my mobile pings,the hollow in my heart compressing or widening? I couldn't really make out anymore.

Sandy is an idiot Nikhil. She didn't mean half the things she said. Don't take it to heart. She's bawling her eyes out. Talk to her,please?

My eyes focus on the single sentence that tugs at my heart.

She's bawling her eyes out.

Even though I felt upset,her being upset made me even more upset.

I'm such a gone case.

I rub my forehead,rereading the message Anshu had sent,as I send her a quick reply.

It's fine. I'll talk to her. Dw.

The fact that Sandy always has someone to rely on makes me feel at peace, although it pains that it's not my shoulder she chooses to cry on.

How long?

How long will the pain last?

I blink back tears. Even though I felt like crap,I found it necessary to alleviate my love's pain.