I Love You

I'm so excited for this chapter.

I give Nikhil a sheepish smile, mentally kicking myself as he gives me a teasing smile.

I'm breathless when he places a kiss on my knuckles,the gesture making me swoon.

So in Sandy style,I flip my hair behind, shrug,"I know. I'm just reminding you."

Nikhil's face swirls with amusement,"You don't have to. But that's a nice remind- Ouch ",he laughs when I punch his arm.

"So?"I raise an eyebrow.

"So?",Nikhil questions back, entwining our hands,the simple act makes me blush.

I try not to show the nervousness on my face as I narrow my eyes,"You went to meet someone."

"And I told you it's nothing."

I roll my eyes,"Give me something."

Nikhil smiles,"A kiss?"

I try to keep my face as straight as I could even though I feel like my face is on fire.

I pout,slap his arm,"I'm serious."

"Sandy",Nikhil sighs,"It's not even a topic of discussion. I've told you a lot of times I'm only meeting her because my mother asked me to. There's nothing more to the story."

I huff,"Fine. Don't tell me. Don't ask me anything too."

If anything, Nikhil's grin only broadens as he pulls me into his chest,even though I protest.

"I didn't know you were the jealous kind,Sandy",he tries and fails to hide his laughter.

I give him a sharp look,"I'm not."

Nikhil only gives me a condescending nod,places a kiss on my hair.

The kiss would have usually made me blush,but now it only annoyed me as I stand up, dust my pants.

I've been worried sick the last few hours, having even cried a bit,and Nikhil is toying around with me about it?

"Hey where are you going? Wait",he pulls me down again. We freeze when our faces come too close to each other,my hand on his chest.

Nikhil doesn't take too long to close the distance between us as he places his lips on mine.

The fight leaves me as I wrap my arms around his neck, allowing myself to be comforted with the kiss. All thoughts leave my mind when he cups the back of my neck,deepens the kiss.

My grip on his shirt tightens when he gently bites my lip. I find my palms start to sweat as our tongues collide, engaged in a passionate twirl.

"I Love You Sandy",Nikhil stresses,brushes my hair behind my ear once we break the kiss.

"And I Love You",I bury my face in his neck.

I freeze in Nikhil's arms,his body language mirroring mine,as I realize what I just blurted out.

"Sandy",Nikhil says carefully, rubbing my arm gently to break the hug,face the music.

"I...",I lick my lips, unable to look him in the for some reason.

"Yeah?",Nikhil encourages. I try not to Aww at him when he looks like he's holding his breath.

When I'm unable to formulate a sentence in more than a minute,Nikhil cups my face,his thumb gently stroking my cheekbone,"It's alright Sandy. You can tell me whenever you want."

I smile when I find his eyes glassy as I take a deep breath,place a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I Love You Nikhil",I whisper against his lips.

Nikhil's reaction is unexpected as he throws his head back in laughter,picks me up in his arms,twirls me around, I'm surprised to see a couple of tears slip his eyes.

Our foreheads rest against each other when he puts me down, standing in front of each other, smiling silly.

At that moment,when I see the purest form of love on Nikhil's face,I couldn't help tearing up again as I  send a silent Thank You to the Gods above to have given me more than I could ever ask for.

"You",Nikhil says after a while, after the high passes,"Sandy,you didn't",he starts off gently,"You didn't say it because you were worried about the meeting,did you?"

I try to keep the annoyance out of my voice as I respond,"The meeting did affect me",I say honestly,"By the way, of which you still did not give me details",I scowl.

"But",I press my lips thin,"That's not why I...confessed."

Nikhil frowns.

I resist the urge to slap my feelings into him as I glare at him,"I don't say stuff just for the heck of it. I only say things when I mean them."

"I know",Nikhil relents.

I'm miffed that he didn't believe me,ugly memories quickly crawling up my mind,as I wonder if he thought that I told him that I loved him but didn't mean it.

I'm going to slap him so hard,and give him the silent treatment if he accuses me of something like that.

"Sandy",Nikhil starts,"Okay, don't be like that",he wraps an arm around my shoulder."

I twist in his arms,move away,"Get lost",I bark.

Nikhil blinks at my hostile tone,"What's up with you?"

I glare at him as I turn around,about to walk away,not letting my stinging eyes betray me.

Nikhil sighs,"Sandy",he pulls me back again, grabbing my hand.

"I'm Sorry. I didn't mean it like that",he shrugs.

"What did you mean then?",my voice cuts.

I expected Nikhil to snap,like he usually is since the last few weeks,for us to have another ugly argument,but Nikhil only analyses my face,pulls me into his arms.

I wiggle in his arms, mewling in protest. I freeze in his arms when Nikhil says the next few words.

"I didn't think you were lying Sandy. I just asked if meeting Prachi left you worried enough to confess."

"I don't know",I mumble, letting him hug me,"But I...",I shrug,"I didn't like it."

"Sandy—"

"Yeah yeah,I know it doesn't mean anything. Okay."

Nikhil presses a kiss on my hair,his arms around me getting tighter.

Out of sheer vulnerability of the moment,I let myself make another confession,"I don't want to lose you,Nikhil."

Nikhil's smile is contagious when he releases me,"You won't",he promises,"I swear you're the only one for me Sandy",he cups my face,places a kiss on my forehead.

I nod, my eyes narrowing after a while,"You still didn't tell me what you did the last few hours."

Nikhil laughs, squeezes my shoulder, and starts to talk.

Dun Dun Dun.

OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod.

That's actually my exact reaction.

Sandy and Nikhil confessed,at the same time😭😭❤️

Did any of you expect it?

How many of you are waiting for Anshu's reaction and drill😂😂

How do you like the chapter?Let me know what y'all think.

Vote, Comment and Share.

I don't have anything to say because I'm speechless myself😂😂

Byeee.
This time really.
See you guys tomorrow or next week or...