Chapter 28

Third person's pov:

In one of these books. That's exactly where we need to find Jeongguk's cure.

Taehyung swallowed, looking around and tugged on Jeongguk's sleeve.

"We're finding it no matter what, ok Gukie?"

Taehyung was so distracted by his surroundings, he didn't notice the name slip.

Jeongguk on the other hand, couldn't hold back his smile, he leaned down, guessing where Taehyung's face would be.

"Gukie?"

He whispered, amused.

Taehyung looked up at him confused, Jeongguk was so close to his face that Taehyung almost lost balance on his feet.

"W-what.. Oh! No I meant Jeongguk"

Yoongi and Namjoon both turned to them (or more, just to Jeongguk) and after seeing Jeongguk giving them a "mind your business, won't you?" look, they turned back to walk through the isles.

Jeongguk knew Taehyung would be flustered right now, and he hated that lake with passion for making Taehyung invisible.

But he cleared his throat, fixing his coat.

"Sure, Tae. Oh, I meant Taehyung"

Taehyung bit his lip to hold back a giggle.

He loved Jeongguk's dry humor with his straight face. It made him feel special, he knew Jeongguk doesn't do jokes unless it's him. It was enough to give his stomach butterflies.

Their own little world was disturbed as they heard Yoongi lowkey scream with another voice followed by.

Jeongguk frowned, grabbing Taehyung's arm (he had to work on finding it) to push him at his back as he walked towards Yoongi.

"What.. the.. fuck?"

It was a deja vú for Taehyung, seeing Yoongi and Jiyon standing across each other, with equally startled faces.

"How the fuck are you here?"

Yoongi stepped forward, in full alpha mode (he rarely showed in human form) and grabbed Jiyon's collar.

Namjoon stayed close to them, but didn't try to stop Yoongi, just yet.

"Ok, ok, I'll explain. Just leave me first"

Jiyon said, sounding frustrated as he pulled back from Yoongi.

"No, you–"

"Yoongi"

One word from Jeongguk was enough to make Yoongi shut up but he turned to face the Alpha in a mix of disbelief and anger.

"Ask him how he got here. How can I shut up, he needs–"

This time Namjoon stepped in, pulling Yoongi back, gently, to not anger him further.

Let him handle this.

He linked the other. Yoongi scoffed but didn't speak again.

"Now you're gonna ask how I got here, yada yada. Let me tell you myself"

Jiyon said, with a roll of his eyes, and fixing his collar.

"I'm listening"

Jeongguk folded his arms and looked at Jiyon with a sharp glare.

Taehyung scrunched his nose with a pout as his own arm got trapped between Jeongguk's. But no way in hell he will try to pull it back.

"Jiyon, speak before I punch you, like I've always wanted"