Chapter 31

Third person's pov:

"Hey, hyung. You didn't go to sleep?"

Almost everyone was drained after studying the different books to find more about the curse. To look for more ways to stop it but it was useless.

Even at some point they found books which were so ancient that they couldn't comprehend the language. So exhausted, everyone was back in their bed chambers around midnight.

Yoongi was standing on the outside the cave, where he can see the night sky when Taehyung approached him.

The elder shrugged, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"It was nice out here"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, going to stand in front of the other.

"Come on, we all know you won't give up your sleep just because it's nice out here"

Yoongi sighed, shoulders slumping.

"Couldn't sleep"

Taehyung's eyes softened, he stood beside Yoongi, looking up the sky as well. It was a starry night, beautiful and breathtaking.

"You miss home?"

Taehyung made a guess. The elder huffed.

"So fucking much"

The omega chuckled.

"We all do. Then why are you so extra sad"

It wasn't a question, Taehyung didn't mean to pry the elder to speak. But Yoongi nonetheless did.

"Don't know, man. I'm scared, kinda? I mean, we are looking for ways to stop Jeongguk's curse and I think we already did. There's no way to find anything else on that. We gotta kill the man who cursed Jeon"

Taehyung sighed, looking at his feet, nervously tapping his foot on the ground.

"And we'll find a way to break his other curse too. Don't sweat it"

Yoongi said, without looking at the younger. He didn't mention the curse but they knew it was about Jeongguk's infertility.

"But Taehyung, we need to make it back to the Mystic Shadow too. What if we can never go back?"

Taehyung's head shot up, hand reaching out to grab Yoongi's arm and make them face each other.

"Hyung.. Why are you thinking like that?"

"Taehyung, you're here with your mate. Namjoon is alone but at least he had found his mate already. And me? I never had the courage to tell Jimin how much I like him"

From furrowed, Taehyung's eyebrows shot up. Lips curving up in a big smile.

"No way, hyung! That's so cute! You like Jimin?"

Yoongi hissed, rubbing his ear.

"Stop yelling, will you?"

Too late. Heard it already.

They both flinched from the voice in their head and turned around to see Namjoon standing behind them. Hands folded over his chest and a smug smile on his lips.

Yoongi glared, pointing a finger to say whatever to the other alpha "Namjoon you-" But Taehyung cut him with a gasp.

"Jeongguk? You're here too?"

The Alpha looked away, hands in his pockets. The white shirt from before looked definitely less bright than before. Sleeves rolled up.

"Just star gazing"