Chapter 38

Third person's pov:

"There's thirteen badly wounded men, we have them in the medical. The rest are taken care of in the field"

Yoongi hears a voice beside him speak in a low whisper. As if not wanting to disturb him.

He closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath, looking one last time at the two brave souls they lost in the fight, from their side.

He is crouched down beside their bodies. There's a boy, no older than fifteen beside one body, which seems like the boy's elder brother.

He's crying silently, holding the cold hand in his own. Head hanging low, little broken whimpers leaving his lips occasionally.

Yoongi couldn't bring himself to look any longer. Not at the other body too. Which has the man's six year old daughter beside him.

His throat burns as stands he up and turns away. Willing away the wetness from his eyes.

"They are arranging for a proper burial ceremony for Hoojin and Yeonsan"

He hears Jiyon beside him speak again.

He nods in acknowledgement, not really trusting his voice to speak. Until he swallows and straightens his shoulders.

"Found Jeongguk and others?"

He asks without looking at Jiyon. The other male let's out a dejected sigh.

"I'm afraid, no. No links, nothing"

Yoongi tilts his head back, feeling the throbbing pain travel from his head to his jaw and spine. Hurting him to the point where he isn't sure it's mental or physical.

The fight had been over for a while now. The attackers left so abrupt. Dragging their injured and leaving the dead here. He didn't understand why the change of plans happened.

Not until he came back to senses to find Jeongguk missing. With Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin and Jimin. His Jimin.

"Keep looking, Jiyon. Ask the hostages. Kill them if you have to. Tell them, if anything happens to anyone of them, I'll make them all beg for death"

He threatens, cold and apathetic.

Jiyon understands what Yoongi might be feeling or he tries to, at least. But he isn't sure how to comfort him. There's so much going on, too much to take in.

His father is also kept as a hostage until Mystic Shadow believes it wasn't him involved in the attack.

"Yoongi.. We'll get them back. I promise. But please, we don't need to kill more people for that, yeah?"

Jiyon says gently, trying to coax Yoongi so he doesn't actually order his men to kill the hostages.
They need them, at least until they get Jeongguk and everyone else back.

"Not the time to play good guy, Kwon"

Yoongi mutters under his breath, already walking away. And despite the situation Jiyon couldn't help but crack a tired smile.

"I've always been. You try to make me your villain"

Yoongi might or might not have heard him.

>>>>>

"Can any of you link the others?"

Seokjin asks tiredly, head thrown back on the cold metal.

"No. They drugged us with aconite, it's in small amount. Just to numb our wolves and mind links"

Namjoon replies back, sitting with his knees bent up and mirroring Seokjin's pose.