Chapter 33

Third person's pov:

Jiyon and Yoongi moved their eyes from the plain walls to each other.
The corridor was empty, no sign of any huge palace ever existing there.

Jiyon swallowed, heart thrumping in his chest as he took a few steps forward to trace the rough, uneven wall.

They couldn't wrap their minds around it. The palace never existed. No really. Not without Taehyung atleast.

"This is so unreal.." He mumbled, looking over his shoulder at Yoongi.

Yoongi took in a sharp breath, shaking his head and turning away.

"Let's go, we need to tell them"

Jiyon nodded, looking back one last time before following Yoongi.

"So, Kwon Jiyon, now that I have a chance to ask you. You're in no way interested in Taehyung, right?"

The other alpha stopped for a moment before he started walked again, faster to catch up with Yoongi.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't try to fool me. I've seen you trying to flirt with him before"

Yoongi said dryly while looking ahead.

"I– I mean, yeah. He is pretty. Like really beautiful– but, but"

He quickly raised his hands up in surrender as Yoongi turned to glare at him.

"I might be an asshole. I can be mean and not so friendly but I swear I'm not a homewrecker"

Yoongi looked at him for few moments before turing his head forward again.

"I might have tried flirting with him when I first saw him. But then I got to know he's Jeon's mate. And seriously, I was so fucking glad that man finally found his mate–"

He quickly coughed and cleared his throat, realizing he was yet again speaking his thoughts without control.

"And after that I only wanted to rile up Jeon if I ever tried anything again"

And somehow, Yoongi couldn't help but trust the alpha. Maybe because he knew Jiyon had no other option but to speak truth.

"What is the feud between you and Jeongguk, anyways?"

Jiyon shrugged easily.

"Competitiveness? I hated his guts. Have you ever looked at his bitch, stone cold face and wondered what's going inside his head?"

Jiyon let out a chuckle and Yoongi couldn't help as his lips turned up too.

He had wondered the same thing many times himself too.

"And he's strong. Like damn if for once I can beat him in anything. We were kids when it all started and I guess we never grew out of it"

Jiyon sighed, looking down and shaking his head.

"And what was Jeongguk's problem with you?"

"I was an asshole, honestly. But you dare tell this to anyone and I will shave your head, Min"

He said pointing a finger at Yoongi who just shrugged his shoulders, unaffected.

"Whatever"

>>>>>

Taehyung exhaled a shaky breath when Yoongi told him that the palace indeed never existed.

He thoughts, his head, everything was spinning. It was a lot to take in. The biggest shock he had gotten since they're stuck here.