Chapter 36

(6.7k. It's a long chapter for me but I think I like this length of chapters. So they will be longer from now on :)

Third person's pov:

"What did you get about the cave, Namjoon?"

Namjoon hears the first thing Jeongguk says as he enters his office. No greeting nothing, he seems in a rush maybe.

Namjoon gathers all the papers he was reading, scratteted on the table, back in their folder before standing up to nod at Jeongguk.

"I'm still working on it. But we got updates from Jhonny and Mark"

Jeongguk nods for him to continue as he settles down on his chair behind the table.

"Kwon Haneul keeps himself locked in his palace for the most part, according to them. So far, the people in the pack have not so nice things to say about the alpha"

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrow as Namjoon continues. He has always liked the man. Now he was reconsidering his life choices. Was he really so blind on these things?

"Any specific reason? To not like him?"

Namjoon stops talking as he hears the Alpha. Pursing his lips in thought before shrugging.

"Nothing much on that. People are scared to talk bad about the man even behind his back"

This has to mean that the alpha was cruel and unkind. Jeongguk shakes his head, it is hard to believe but he had no other option.

"Tell them to be careful and keep track of Haneul's plans. If he's going out or others are coming to meet him"

Namjoon nods.

"Will do"

"And what about Taeyong? What does the pack remember about that night?"

Jeongguk puts on his reading glasses and busies himself in the books he had earlier taken from the Royal library.

"Ah, about that"

Namjoon takes a seat in front of the Alpha. Placing the folder he was holding on the table.

"They say the same things we've been hearing all along. You.. attacked on the palace. And rouges tried to take over the pack"

Namjoon starts in a small voice but Jeongguk nods, asking him to continue.

"Our pack army took down the rogues, of course. But it did cause a lot of loss. Markets and houses were damaged, we lost many lives"

Jeongguk takes in a deep breath, looking up at the other. Namjoon clears his throat and goes on.

"To this date, I refuse to believe that the rogues had some kind of hunch that you're gonna attack the Alpha and Luna. They knew it, Jeongguk. They were well informed"

Jeongguk nods, taking off his glasses in his hands. Closing the book he was reading.

"We never got a lead on that"

"Yes. There were suspects but no one was actually proven guilty. And.."

"Go on, Namjoon"

"About your curse, there's still rumors that our pack elders put it on your father and it came down on you too. People still believe that Alpha Jeon was cruel man and so, he was cursed"

"They're all some elaborated lies"

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrow in irritation as he replies. He has still no clue who initiated those stupid lies but if anything- his father had always been his role model. An amazing man, pack leader, husband and more amazing father.