Chapter One

{~ Chapter One ~}

{~ Beggining ~}

Fire, Water, Earth , And Air.

When I was much younger My Mother, Chief of Police Lin Beifong, gave me to My Aunt and Uncle, Suyin and Baatar Beifong, for them to raise me.

There My Aunt told me many stories but one of how Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko turned the Fire Nation Colonies into The United Republic Nation

I always looked up to be like My Grandfather..

But sadly Avatar Aang time had come to an end and just like the cycle of seasons... The Cycle of the Avatar became... anew..

±

Kuvira took a breath in and walked into Kaiya's room on the ship..

Kaiya was grumpy.. She didn't want to leave Zaofu.. She had tried to a bargen as if she were just some object to them.. "Kaiya.. I have a gift" Kuvira muttered holding her hand behind her back.

Kaiya looked behind her from her desk, "A present? You know-" "It's a going away gift.. So it is a special occasions!" Kuvira defended with a smile as she walked up.

Kaiya was never one for gifts when it wasn't a special occasion.. even then she would only accept small things.. Her Family gave her a jacket for the cold seasons or when she felt lonley or missed them.. But it was already packed away in her bag.

Kuvira put her hand out to show a... Dog tag type necklace and a feather one.. Both on a chain and metal.. On the dog tag it said
Kub and Lei

Lei was the nickname given to her by Kuvira herself.. it meant beautiful.. which always warmed her heart coming from her friend.. (Clueless)

Kaiya smiled at the dog tag then looked at the feather... There on the rachis was written the same thing..

"The feather is for you obviously.. I made them both and I hope you always where this.. so I guess we are always together" The Young Woman began to say nervously, Kaiya smiled and took both the necklaces causing the young woman to rub the back of her neck. "I'll put you necklace on you, you put mine on me.. deal?" Kaiya asked with a playful tone and smile.

Kuvira smiled with a small blush and nodded, using metal-bending to place the feather necklace into her hand; Kaiya turned and moved her long black hair, the necklace was placed on her.. Kaiya smiled as the cold metal hit her chest. Kaiya got onto her tippy-toes to put the dog-tag necklace on Kuvira.

"We should be boarding soon-" "I need to give you something.." Kaiya said in realization and quickly went to her wardrobe where she pulled out one of her green scachal type things and handed it to Kuvira whom was still processing what was happening.

                                      X

Kaiya had been pacing since she saw the island.. but now she saw her Father and Step Mother from where she stood. "It'll be fine, Lei" Kuvira comforted as she layed her hand on Kaiya's shoulder, "Let's go".

Kaiya stopped at the top of the ramp and looked at the both of them.. Tenzin looked just as nervous as her. Pema looked up at Kaiya causing her to get flustered and smile.
Tenzin looked up at Kaiya and she smiled at him before looking down and the ramp. Kuvira placed her hand on Kaiya's shoulder before Kaiya turned and Kuvira smiled at her.

Kuvira and Kaiya walked down and infront of Tenzin and Pema. For a moment they just stared each other over before Kaiya took a deep breath and started her sentence with "I'm Kaiya"; Her voice was nervous and shaky causing Pema to smile at her.