Chapter Nine

{~ Chapter Nine ~}

{~ Talking ~}

Fire, Water, Earth , And Air.

When I was much younger My Mother, Chief of Police Lin Beifong, gave me to My Aunt and Uncle, Suyin and Baatar Beifong, for them to raise me.

There My Aunt told me many stories but one of how Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko turned the Fire Nation Colonies into The United Republic Nation

I always looked up to be like My Grandfather..

But sadly Avatar Aang time had come to an end and just like the cycle of seasons... The Cycle of the Avatar became... anew..

±

The Woman walked into her office to see the Teenager leaning in the chair again, She must've moved while she was out.

"Did they ask anything that hurt you?"

Kaiya put her head back to see the Woman and smiled, "Nope!" She lied..

"Okay, Now stop doing that before you fall" Lin stated crossing her arms, Kaiya crossed her arms causing her to loose her balance and the chair fell back, Her legs went high into the air and next thing either of them knew, Kaiya was laying infront of Lin sideways.

The Woman cracked a smile as Kaiya held her head, "Learned your lesson?" Lin asked causing Kaiya to glare up at her. "Alright, Take my hand.. Are you alright?" Lin asked giving Kaiya a hand up which Kaiya relunctly took..

"Yeah, Just my head hurts"

"That's good.. He let you keep his jacket?" The Woman asked, "Oh.. Yeah he did"

"That's nice..".

Now it felt awkward.. The two just stood there..

"Well now that, that is over I should take you back-" "Can I stay with you today?" Kaiya asked quietly..

Lin looked.. surprised.. "I-.. I don't mind but you'll probably be bored and-" "I want to spend the day with you.. I want to spend time with you.... I'm sorry, It's a stupid idea-" "No.. No it isn't, You can stay, I don't mind".

Kaiya was going to speak but then there was a knock...

The two sighed and turned..

"I'm sorry Chief and Apprentice! I need a picture for the paper and-" Kaiya giggled as Nexus went on nervously, a blush went over his cheeks before he pulled a camera out..

"Mom, Can you take it with me?"

"Sorry Kid, I don't want first picture with you be for a newspaper"

She nodded and stood little ways away from Lin before Nexus gave a thumbs up and she smiled..

"Thank you so much".

X

It was well around 3pm now and Kaiya just watched as Lin did her paperwork, or would look out the window.. But she wasn't bored.. interested actually..

Republic City seemed less.. advanced.. than Zaofu in her opinion..

"If you want I can take you home, We aren't talking much and-"

"No it's fine, It's a nice change from seeing the same thing every day.. I don't understand how they do it" Kaiya stated rather empty, "Try to change it up a bit.. Might make Tenzin mad but everyone needs a change and-"

The door opened to show an older man with his hair brushes back, He had greying hair with his black and a greying beard that went an inch or so..

"Ashi, Why do you barge in-"