Chapter 13 Pinky Swear

Zumi and Lee got off the yacht and rode his car. She didn't say anything so thus he. She doesn't know where they are heading, they never speak a word. Lee stopped his car near a police station.

'Why are we here? Is there something wrong?' Zumi thought as Lee got off the car and said, "Stay here, I'll be back."

He ran to the station. When Lee is in the station he directly ask the information desk , "Kristin Chenoweth, sir?" Panting for air
"She's with a officer there," the policeman pointed where Kristin is.
"What happened," as Lee approach her. Kristin just looked at him, she's is sleepy, her eyes were almost Shut, she's drunk.
"She drove drunk and crashed on a government property," the policeman stated.
"What? Are you okay?" He tried to shake Kristin up.
"I....am fine," she almost puke but manage to stop it.
"She needs to pay for the damage she caused sir." The policeman handed a receipt to him. "I'll pay for it," Lee replied.
"Okay, sir. She can get out After this," the officer stood up and processed the papers.
"How can you get so drunk, and you're alone too," Lee asked, shaking Kristin,whose trying to be awake.
"Our policewoman will deliver her to her place sir," the policeman returned and handed some papers to Lee. "Thank you sir," he replied and made their way outside.

It took half an hour before he came out again, but as Lee got out Zumi saw he is supporting Kristin to walk, she looks drunk.
Zumi sitting at the Lee's car which is parked near the station, couldn't take her eyes off them, she watched every move. He escorted Kristin to a patrol car, maybe 'the police will send her to her place' she thought.

Lee opened the door for her and Kristin, walking dizzyly almost fell to the ground but Lee caught her. Kristin is now hugging Lee and they look to each others eyes, and Kristin moved as if they were about to kiss. Zumi Shut her eyes as fast as she could, she doesn't want to see it again,she thought "No, not on my birthday, why is the world so cruel to me." Zumi stayed still not moving pretending to be asleep, eyes closed from the world and saw darkness everywhere. She's shatterinh inside again, thinking why is the world like this.

But before Kristin could kiss him, Lee stopped her saying, "Not anymore Kristin, stop this," and Zumi didnt saw this coz she already shut her eyes.
"O......ooookkkkaaaay, I'll leave you and n.....nevercomeback again.......that is ahmmm..whaat you waaant, don't you?" Kristin said, her words tumbling from her mouth in a rush of barely distinguishable syllables and pushing Lee away.
"The fact is I'm leaving ," she slurred
"I'm sorry Kristin, but it's just were not for each other,but let's stay as friends" Lee let Kristin got in the car and gave the policewoman the address where she's staying.

Lee returned to his car and sat to the driver's seat. Zumi prentending to be asleep didn't move with her head leaning almost towards Lee. She knew Lee is here, she don't want to open her eyes. For maybe if she will open it, tears may fell.

But she feel Lee's breath near her cheek.
"You sleepyhead," Lee whispered not knowing Zumi is not asleep. And gave her a soft kiss on her lips.

Zumi felt Lee's soft and warm lips on hers. She didn't move, and Lee pulled back and drove his car.
She still pretends to be asleep until they reach her hotel and he woke her up.

"Zumi, hey, we're here." and Zumi pretended to woke up.

Lee escorted her to her hotel room.
"Happy Birthday again Zumi, Goodnight," and he landed a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Goodnight Lee, take care,"she replied and closed the door.

Lee left her door and Zumi leaned on her door thought, 'what really is happening here,'
Zumi doze off to her bed and tried to forget about the bad things that she thought that happened today. And her final thought before she went off to sleep, 'Thanks for everything, Dad, Lee, everyone.'