Chapter 32 Can I Have This Dance?

"Ahh Lee, are you sure we're at the right party?"
I whispered to him and face away from the people.

Yes, there are people that wore wedding dresses, but I though it's a wedding theme? Why do they have elf things too? Some wore those pointy ears.

"Yes, we are. Come on," Lee turned me around and intertwine my arms to his and we walked pass by other people. Some hissed whispers, some giggled. I don't know, I forgot about my revealing dress and walk proudly with Lee. His mine alright. Grins.

"Welcome, Mr. Pace and Ms. Jackson!" A waiter approached us and lead us to an empty table for two with white roses on the middle and a lighted candle.

We talked for minutes and a guy on mic announces, "It's time to dance love birds," And the croud howled. I looked closely and found it was dad. What's dad doing here? Is mom here too? I guess so, it's a couple's event.

Lee stood up and brought me with him through the crowd that were starting to gather in the dance floor and we went to the other side of the party.

"Oh! Lee, are you two enjoying the party," Maybe that's the one invited Lee.
"Nice to meet you Ms. Jackson, I'm Scoot McNairy, I'm glad you two made it to my party." He greeted me and handed his hand and so I did too.

We sat on an large empty table and they talked for a while. While me, just enjoying the atmosphere of the party and watching the couples have their moments. I smiled.

Dad sat with us and with mom.

"Hey mom," I stood up and gave my parents hug and kisses. Lee did the same. Oh, you're brave Lee aren't you. My parents just stared with a smile on their face.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I laughed and tried to looked to my reflection of my face to my phone.
"Nothing dear, we're just happy to see you in such a wonderful dress and you're happy," Mom nodded as she looked at me and to Lee.
I looked at Lee with a puzzled look. But Lee just smiled and continued talking to his friend.

Maybe after 15 minutes, It may seem rude but it's getting boring. This is why I don't want to wear this dress. I look I put too much effort.

"May I dance with my Queen," Lee smiled with his wonderful eyebrows came in front of me and handed his majestic hand. I smiled and gave my hand. He gently pulled me down to the dance floor and many other couples gathered around. Lee held me close to him that our body touched each other, his right hand holding my hand his left hand holding unto my waist.

But I just remembered, I don't know how to dance.
"Uh....Lee....I......don't know how," I stammered to him.

"Just follow my lead," He whispered

The song started to play. (NOTE: You MUST play the video & let your amazing mind do the scene of dancing!)

With our faces almost touching each other and both can feel each other's breath. He slowly dance like the time have slowed and I just followed his steps and I closed my eyes and feel the moment.

Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.

Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

As the song continued to play, my heart fluttered. Eventhough I don't know how to dance, I synchronized with his movements. This is just amazing.

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance