Chapter 18 Someone's Responsibility

"And someone is going to take responsibility for introducing her to the public," Mr. Jackson continued with a very serious tone, Lee look at the man saying the words and felt his spine froze in less than a second.

But Mr. Jackson grinned and said, "Let's talk after this event Mr. Pace, if it's about my daughter you have to get through me first."

Lee starting to melt his frozen spine just nodded and looked at Zumi, "You're not that mad, dad?" Zumi asked her father with a confused look on her face.

"I am but Im making it not so obvious and he's gonna get through me first." Her father smirked and left to the table where the celebrities and important crew will sit.

Cast have gathered up, greeting each other including Lee and Zumi, Lee held Zumi's waist and keeping her always at his side. And Peter announced that the event will start and calling all the cast to occupy the seats in frontstage.

Lee walked Zumi to a seat and told her, "Just stay here while the interview is going on," and he patted her head and climbed up the stage. The crowd started to howl as Lee and other casts wave their hand to them.Lee chose a seat that almost aligned to where Zumi is sitting at the audience. They looked at each others eyes, but Zumi's attention was stolen by his father calling her to the back of the audience seat. Lee watched her getting introduced privately by her father to someone that is at his 40's.

"This is my daughter, Zumi Pyra Jackson," Mr. Jackson introduced Zumi to Mr. Sean, her father's schoolmate when they were in college.

"Hello Sir Sean, nice meeting you!" Zumi greeted him politely.
Mr. Sean put his arm around Zumi's shoulder and said, "Such a beautiful lady you got Jackson," and the man starting to caress Zumi's soft biceps. It made Zumi uncomfortable and made her face unreadable. She removed the man's arm and Mr. Sean smiled at her with a lustful eyes. Zumi looked away and returned her attention to Lee, who was watching what happened. Lee's face also turned sour to what he saw, and opened up his phone and texted her, 'Are you alright there?' And he looked at Zumi as she open up her phone. And she replied, 'someone's getting touchy, if only he's not father's friend.' AndZumi is now returning to her seat.

The audience and some reporters started the interview, and the cast will answer them. Some asked about Lee Pace, his character, and everything related to him.

Zumi getting bored, feeling her feet hurts stood up and went to the back of the audience, unexpectedly, Mr. Sean approached her again.
"Hello there, young lady." He smirked at her.
"Hi," Zumi answered limitly.
"Are you free, mind going out with me?" And the man's eyebrow flashed.
"Whatever," Zumi rolled her eyes.

And Mr. Sean saw what Zumi did, and that made him grit his teeth.

Standing there, Zumi felt she needs to do her business at the bathroom. She texted Lee, who is busy answering diffirent question.
"Ahh, yeah. That would be great if Mr. Jackson will still have me at the next movie he'll work on coz......" Lee stopped as he felt his phone vibrated.
He open up his phone and saw Zumi's text message. 'Just a sec, I need to go to a comfort room.' Lee looked for Zumi and he found her waiting for his response at the door which will lead to a private comfort rooms of the theater. Lee nodded and Zumi smiled at him, and she entered the door and close it. And Lee continued his answer, "it's such a great experience to be with his movie."

Without anyone else noticing, An anonymous guy followed Zumi.

Zumi is almost running to the bathroom, eventhough her feet hurts, she really needs to go to a bathroom. it's a bit long stride before she could reach the bathroom. She passed so many empty storage rooms, and made her feel creepy.