chapter 21

Alyssas POV

As much as I still felt guilty and didn't want to go out and show my face, I had to get out of Alejandro's house. He thought I wasn't being serious after telling him I should go.

His mom gave me and Camila a duffel bag full of money, fully supporting us leaving. I wasn't going to accept it but then Camila spoke before I could. She really never turns anything down. We don't even know how much is in there but it's heavy.

"Where are we even going?" She asked as I walked into our small room behind Ales bathroom. I sighed and plopped myself on the bed.

Lily reached out again which I thought was weird because my birthday isn't for another two months. She didn't ask for money either, she was genuinely asking how I was.

"Remember Lily?"

"Your sister that abandoned your family? Yeah, I do." Camila had a bitchy look on her face. I'm not sure why she still sees it as abandonment. Lily was only leaving us to peruse her acting career.

"She reached out to me. Since I'm about to turn 19 she asked if I was down to split the rent on an apartment with her.." I still couldn't wrap my head around it. I have seen her in how many years? This just made the moving process easier.

I would definitely do it if it were just me that needed to go, but I need Camila on board too. I wouldn't leave without her.

"Wait, you're serious? Cause that would really help." She said. "I take back everything I said about her that was mean." She said putting her hands together like she was praying, as if she would ever do that...

"Yes! Please Cami say yes and we start packing!" I basically begged. She frantically nodded her head. Now I just had to tell Alejandro about this.

"Wait, so we have to drop out of Columbia..." Camila came to the realization.

"Yeah and get actual real jobs." I pouted. My poor life choices led to this.

I slowly got up from the mattress and walked out to find him. My heartbeat multiplied by ten as I find myself getting nervous to talk to him. The last thing he said to me was that I was a wild girl, and left me there still processing that he's a real person that's interested in me.

The maid walked past me and I thanked her for everything she's done for us. After passing about a hundred rooms, I reached one I've never seen before. The door was slightly open and I heard a voice in there.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see you. Alright bye."  That was definitely his voice. I looked into the room but it was a plain white room. There was no furniture, nothing. I peeked my head in farther causing the door to creak.

Alejandro sharply turned around and walked over to me. He smirked at me and opened the door wide. I stood there feeling like I was about to get in trouble. Like when you're playing in the living room and accidentally knock over your moms favorite vase - that feeling.

"You're kind of nosey, Alyssa." He crossed his arms. His jaw seemed a little clenched and his lips looked more plump today. Alejandro's curls swiftly fell over his forehead making him look a thousand times more attractive.

"I was just looking for you." I wish I could compose myself right now. Getting nervous right now isn't helping.

"You do feel intimidated." Ale chuckled.

"Huh?"

"Yesterday I said I have so much power over you and you asked if it was supposed to make you feel intimidated."

"Shut up." I simply responded. I took a deep breath in and finally built up the courage to tell him I'm leaving to go across the country. It just upsets me because I like him a lot and moving would end it, unless we work something out.