chapter 6

Alyssas POV

Two weeks into the college life and it's not so bad, at least not yet. I've been on top of my assignments and Cami has been on top of the football teams captain.

"I wore his helmet and jersey for him, it's like he had a fetish for it." She went on about her hook up with him last night.

I couldn't focus. I haven't heard from Alejandro since he called me and Liam's been up my ass lately. My parents don't know I broke up with him because he told me not to tell them.

Our conversation went a little like this...

Two weeks ago

I was sitting on my living room couch just making random boards on pinterest because I was bored. It was something I've been doing for years now. I did find myself doing it when I needed some time to be stress free.

There were three aggressive knocks on the door that startled me. I looked up from the screen of my laptop and recognized the hair sticking up.

I sighed getting up to open the door for him. I knew who was standing on the other side but every nerve in my body wished it would magically change to Alejandro.

The cold air hit my chest as soon as I swung the door open. Liam stood there in his usual preppy clothes and his smug look.

"Hey babe." he winked and blew a kiss at me before walking in and going up the stairs. I literally broke up with him...

He had to have been thinking about something or making a plan, and when he makes a plan, it usually only benefits him.

"Who was at the door?" My mom came in behind me and set her cold hands on mine. I turned and gave her a fake smile.

"Liam, he's up waiting for me." I grabbed my laptop and took my time going up those stairs. I wonder what he could possibly want from me today.

There was no emotion. I literally didn't feel anything. Didn't feel nervous, scared, sad, happy, nothing. I'm used to it though. After some time you just learn how to act like you're okay and that nothing is wrong.

"What do you want?" I asked him when I reached my door frame. He was laying on my bed with his feet hanging off the side. "And get the fuck off of my bed."

"Woah, calm down Lyssa. I'm just here to talk to you." I looked at him with the dirtiest look I could ever give to anyone.

"We're no longer together." I spoke up.

"Yeah that I know but I wanted to know who came to get you in a fancy car the night you broke up with me?"

I didn't know he saw that...

"A friend of mine." I simply answered.

"Your only friend is Camila and she can't even step foot in a Porsche dealership so stop lying, who was it?"

"Why do you have to be such a dick? And why does it even matter to you? Let me live my life!"

"Who did you leave with?!" He yelled.

"None of your business!"

"Alyssa, answer me or that scar on your leg is getting a friend."

"Fine." I sighed. "Alejandro Rosario."

His eyes opened wide and he sat up. I saw him unlock his phone and type some stuff then show me the screen. It was a picture of Alejandro standing over a dead body with a huge gun strapped around his body.

"Him?"

"Yes? Why does it matter to you Liam?"

"He's the son of a drug lord." Liam was still shocked.

"Okay, and?"

"You're never gonna have anything with him." He chuckled.

"Is this what you came here for? Because honestly, I'm so tired of it and I'm tired of you. Just leave already." I opened my door for him but he stayed in his spot.

"I came because I missed you." He switched characters. Liam when from being a complete asshole to a person showing fake love.

"Liam I broke up with you."

"I know, but other people don't have to know." He got up and took a few steps towards me. I didn't even move. I also learned that if I move back while he's moving forward, it just shows him he has power. I couldn't let him think he could control again, not after I finally got the bravery to leave him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"You see, you're a very beautiful girl and you're well known around here. I'm just some rich kid that was dating you. No one would've known me if it wasn't for you or my dads money."

I laughed a little at what he had to say. It's true but some part of me couldn't tell if he was being serious or not.

"Mhm."

"But that stupid best friend of yours told one of my dudes that we were no longer together and the yacht club manager heard and he cut me off." He was getting frustrated. I knew to stand back and just watch it, nothing much I wanted to do anyway. I don't care.

"And? What does this have to do with me?" I sat back on my desk and watched as he stared at my body.

"I need you back." He begged. I couldn't show it, but I'm dying of laughter.

"Nope." I crossed my arms and he got on his knees.

"If you don't take me back then at least pretend to date me. Alyssa, I need to get back to the yacht club."

"You only want to go back there so you can catch more STDs and be a little whore. I'm not pretending to date you. Besides I'm already seeing someone else." Little lie but it's okay. Alejandro's been living in my mind rent free but it's too early to say anything. I just want Liam off my case.

"I'm gonna ask one more time, and you're going to say yes, or I will go to my dad right now and have him fire your dad. When your family is living on the street they'll all blame you for it." He got up and had that familiar dark look in his eyes.

Of course he brings my family into this, he always finds a way to it. I couldn't let my parents down but pretending to be his girlfriend is literally what it felt like to date him so it's like I'm dating him again. It goes against everything I said. But I would do anything for my family.

"Is there not another way for your stupid benefits to get back to you?"

"Alyssa Mora is a fucking queen, everyone wants her." He said.

Damn right.

"When I have you I have everything."

"Liam, you never treated me like that. By everything you mean anything other than me."

"I'm so tired of you arguing." There he goes switching up. Liam's personality range is very large and there's always something new.

"I'm not even arg-"

"You're my fake girlfriend and that's final. If your parents ask, we never broke up and we've always been together. Camilas just crazy." He got up and hurried out of my door.

Once again there he goes using me. I don't even feel like a girlfriend.

"Oh and one more thing, you can't see Alejandro anymore."