chapter 26

Alyssas POV

"I don't know, Jonah, everything's just been weird since Alejandro came to visit me.."

Two weeks have gone by, the club still hasn't opened up again. Me and Jonah have been hanging out every night now since Ale went back to New York.

I did realize now that I've never seen him at any other time of day, only at night.

"Are you still spooked from seeing Landon at the park?"

"Yes! It was weird because I feel like he was following me but the other part of me believes he's innocent and was just spending time with his family." I did notice a little boy and a woman in the kart with him in the ride.

"Did you tell your boyfriend about seeing him? I know how protective he is of you. It makes me so jealous..." He whispered the last part.

"You'll find someone soon, Jonah. And no I have not said a word to him because he's crazy." I think I've known Alejandro long enough to know he would get people to hunt Landon down like he did to me on our 'break'.

"Wait, since you know his name, I'm sure he asked for yours. Did you give him your real name?" He says leaning forward and pressed his finger tips together.

"I told him my name was Lyssa. Why?"

"Are you stupid?" He almost yelled. I jumped back as a reaction. The confused look on my face spoke for itself.

"You never give your real name!"

"I thought it was only for the pole dancers!" I defended myself. Well am I in deep shit now.

Jonah sat there laughing hysterically at me. "All the girls have made that mistake once. We've seen murders, drug dealers, mafia members, everything. And sometimes a real name slips out but the men are so drunk they don't remember."

It relaxed me a little to know that Landon was drunk. I remember his eyes were so wet and his forehead moist of sweat. When he was thrown into the chair, his whole body shook. Maybe he doesn't remember my name but only my appearance.

We both sat on our own sides of the couch in silence, listening to the low traffic go by.

"Alyssa, it's two in the morning you gotta go." He stood up. "Come on, I'll walk you to your car." His hand poked out to help me up and grabbed it.

It was the shortest walk ever. Jonah lived in a small house on a quiet road. There was always parking here which is why I mostly stayed so late.

"Thanks for talking to me tonight." I turned around.

"You're always welcome." He chuckled. He says the same thing every time.

I got in my car and drove off turning onto the busy road to get home. I still have to use GPS to find my way around LA. By now I thought I would have gotten it all down since I don't go out much and follow the same routes all the time. I only know how to get to the club without help.

Jonahs house has a lot of loops and a lot of turns just to get to it. It's so complicated.

In the middle of my thoughts, my phone rang loudly, bringing me back to reality.

"Hello?" I swiped without looking at the name.

"Hey, I was just checking to see if you were awake." It was Alejandro.

"Oh, yeah, well I'm driving right now so I'll call you when I get home."

"No." He demanded. "Just pull over. I'm gonna be busy soon. I just want to talk to you before you go to sleep."