chapter 8

Alyssas POV

I walked up to Camilas red front door and opened it with my copy of the key. Her apartment was small but it felt very cozy. I wasn't allowed to spend much time here because Liam wouldn't let me.

There were pictures on her walls and they were all of us two. She doesn't get along with her family. They all live in Chicago. Her story with her mother is truly heartbreaking. I cry every time just thinking about what Camilas childhood consisted off.

"Camila?" I called out.

"In my room!" She yelled out. I walked past her kitchen and into her room.

"So what's your plan?" I asked while taking a spot next to her on the bed.

"Don't have one but I didn't want you near Liam. You do have to talk to your parents though."

"Ugh" I threw my head back and looked through her sky light. It was mostly covered with red and brown leaves since they started falling from the trees.

"Remember in second grade when I gave Caleb a leaf bouquet?" I asked laughing. That random memory came to my head once I saw those leaves.

Let's just say my second grade crush did not like my romantic gesture and threw the bouquet back at me.

"You were so hurt that day." Camila laughed at me. I sat up and thought of an embarrassing moment I could use to make fun of her for.

"You think that's funny? Fourth grade. When you went down the slide at recess and your skirt gave you the meanest wedgie and everyone saw your dora underwear." now I was laughing.

"And I looked good! That's when my hoe days started."

We went on and on about our childhood memories. I'm mainly using it to stall so I wouldn't have to go home but she eventually caught on.

"We've been talking so long we didn't even notice it's already dark outside." She said.

"We skipped dinner let's go get food?" I begged. The last thing I wanna do is actually have to talk about my feelings with such hardheaded people.

"Tomorrow I promise but trust me, Alyssa, after tonight you'll feel so much better." She put a hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. I sighed and got up putting my shoes on.

"I hope you're right." I grabbed my purse and she walked out with me.

"Text me whatever happens, and call your little boyfriend too." She smirked talking about Alejandro.

I should call him since we couldn't talk on my first drive. The elevator happened to open when I got there. A tall, pale guy, with curly hair and glasses was standing there using his phone.

Stop. I stuck to the corner of the elevator when I realized it was my second grade crush Caleb. I immediately texted Camila freaking out about it. He moved away after that year and I haven't seen him since. He still had a baby face but still was very attractive.

The embarrassing moment of him throwing my leaf bouquet back at me played in my head again. I swear the elevator was going slow on purpose now. Why did Camila have to live on the very top floor?

"What floor?" He asked me. We made eye contact and I looked away immediately.

"Hey-"

"Lobby." I cut him off. He pressed two buttons and I heard a chuckle come from him.

"Alyssa Mora." Caleb crossed his arms and turned to look at me. I unwillingly put my phone in my purse and looked at him.

"Yup." I popped the 'P'.