chapter 5

Alyssas POV

I stretched my arm out to my left but I didn't feel anyone. My eyes slowly opened and I got up. I realized I was in my own bed.

"Was I dreaming?" I asked myself before yawning. It couldn't have been a dream. I vividly remember getting into Alejandro's car and meeting his mom. I looked down at what I was wearing and I had on grey sweats.

The thought of checking my messages entered my mind, I tell Camila everything so I must've told her about last night.

"Alyssa we need to talk." I heard my mom sternly say from the other side of the door. I never liked our talks. She goes on and on about me messing things or up. Or it could be the other way around, either way, I don't like it as much.

I got up to open my door and she quickly walked in slamming it behind her.

"What's wrong?" I asked. My mom stood there, her eyes stabbing my soul. What the hell is she so mad about?

"Not even thirty minutes into the dinner party and you're running off?" She played a video on her phone. It was of me getting into a black Porsche. It was definitely not a dream but I have no memory of getting in my bed.

"Why were you spying on me?" I snapped back. She's always in my business it's so annoying. I cant even breathe or she'll tell me I'm doing it wrong. Always watching, I have no room for anything. She's nice when she wants to be.

"Don't be ridiculous. I was not spying, I was walking back to the car because I forgot the wine I brought and before opening the gate, I see you getting into that car. Alyssa this isn't even everything."

I stood there not knowing what to say. I know she's always on my ass but I didn't expect her to see me. What excuse could I use to get out of this? I'm not even sure I should tell her I broke up with Liam too.

"Two more cars pulled up after that then you guys left. In the middle of the night, two guys came into the house carrying you and brought you up to your room! They were dressed like the secret service and wouldn't even answer any of my questions."

I guess that answers how I woke up in my bed.

"Mom just listen to me-"

"Are you in a gang?!" She asked raising her voice a little. I threw my hands up in the air and turned around back to my bed.

"Why weren't you with Liam?" She asked yet another question. I don't know if I should be mad at my mom for annoying me this early in the morning or mad at Alejandro for bringing me home and not letting me stay there all night.

I needed to think of something quick. If she found out me and Liam are no longer together I would be in so much trouble.

"I left with one of his friends." I tried. My palms started feeling sweaty and I took a couple steps back.

"You are such a liar, Alyssa. None of his friends need protection and that does not explain why there were two cars there." She started walking towards me and I felt like bursting into screams right about now.

I've had to lie myself out of plenty of situations so they just flow out like water. I once got caught with smoke flying around in my room with Camila our sophomore year of high school. I said we were doing a science experiment for our chemistry class. We definitely were getting high in my room though. It was a one time thing anyway, I only wanted to try it.

"It was Liam's friends, Ever, Quinn and Presley driving those cars. You know how they are mom, they're so extra. They just wanted to drive around and scare people...yeah." I slowly nodded my head and her face brightened up.