chapter 31

Alyssas POV

It's been about two weeks living with him. Everything feels different but a good different.

I was doubting the move at first because I don't know much about him, but Ale told me "And I don't know much about you like your favorite color, if you like scary movies, or how you would react in arguments with me. But we can learn those things together."

The first morning, I woke up swaddled in his arms with his chin in my neck. With my history and affection, I was still getting used to waking up like this. It did feel amazing though.

Lily was very supportive when I told her about me leaving. She said it was okay because Camilas income helps her without mine. I still go over a lot throughout the week since our buildings are close to each other.

Whenever I go, I make sure to stop by Ashtons place too and make sure he's okay. He's still in the same situation which bums me out.

I walked out to my balcony and held my Starbucks in my hands while looking at the Hollywood sign. The sun was setting and I had to be at work early today for a meeting. Something about adding new dancers to the stage and explains why he closed the club for two weeks.

I had a heads up and knew I was going to be one of the new dancers so I would be next to Camila when we had the same shift.

For the past two weeks, Malika had me over her house and gave me lessons. It was really fun but I kept getting hurt. I still have bruises but they get covered from the outfits. Im not very skilled at pole dancing like Camila. She could hang upside down and use her legs in ways I cannot. I just know the basics.

"What are you doing out here alone?" I felt his cold hands lay on my hips. I shivered a little and turned to face him. He kissed my lips, getting a taste of my drink.

"Just getting the last bit of sun before I have to start getting ready."

I turned around facing the front again and Alejandro hugged me from behind. I moved my head back laying on his shoulder and he laid his head on my head.

"You know you don't have to work anymore. I have enough money for the both of us. We're basically set for life." he said.

"I like to work for my money." I tried getting away but he pulled me back. The sun had already set and was gone. "I have to get ready for work."

"I just don't like picturing you dancing like that in front of other men."

"I think about you when Im practicing." I teased. He playfully rolled his eyes and brought me in tighter.

"You're gonna have to show me your new moves."

"I will later but I have to get ready right now." I grabbed his hand and led him to the bed.

"Quickie?" He asked.

*****

I was one of the first ones to get here. Jonah was at the bar cleaning it with another person. I didn't know her so she must have been just hired.

The locker room was only being used by me and three other girls. We did each other's makeup and ate a little before everyone got here.

Arturo walked in and said what had to be said.

"He's such as asshole." Someone muttered behind me. I turned to see it was Nelly. We don't really talk to other that much unless it's at work.

"He really shows no remorse for the death of a woman." She said again.