chapter 29

Alyssas POV

We left that house immediately after packing a bag for Alejandro. He decided to leave his car and go with me in my rental instead.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" I asked him. Deep down I was happy he was thinking of leaving this life behind. It always worried me and left me anxious.

"Yes. I'm so fucking sure. Let's just go to my mom so I can tell her about this." He looked up from his phone at me.

That's what I'm kinda scared of. I don't know how his mom would react but I do know she would blame me for him wanting an out. Everyone knew she didn't like me that much but she knew I was good for her son.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Some fancy hotel doing business." He slurred. Alejandro's curls weren't as defined as they normally are and his under eyes were so dark.

I have this question lingering in my mind but I'm too afraid to ask it. I also need to tell him about Caleb, I just feel like he needs to know.

I took a short look at him and saw he was biting his nails while watching outside the window.

"Ale, can I tell you something?"

He turned his head slowly and gave me his full attention.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I ran into Caleb at the airport."

His eyes now had anger in them. "Did he hurt you?"

"No. He was the seat next to mine and he didn't try to hurt me. He was just being very annoying, trying to talk to me. But he did tell me he quit the Italian cartel."

Alejandro chuckled at what I said. "He's probably lying to get your trust. What else did he say?"

"Not much. I had my AirPods in so he wouldn't talk to me." The smell of alcohol felt like it was just getting stronger.

"When did you start drinking?" I finally asked.

He took a second to think of it. "Since Kairi was killed. I tried to stop but I couldn't. Don't worry though, I have you now to distract me."

"I'm sorry you had to see that." I frowned. I actually liked Kairi, I thought he was cool. But Alejandro drinking for two days straight scared me. He could've had alcohol poisoning and no one was around him so he would've just died.

My body shivered as I shook that thought away.

Alejandro sat back in the seat for the rest of the drive not talking. I parked on the top floor of the hotel garage recognizing the black Suburbans which the guards usually rode in, and Adrianas car. I parked a few feet away making sure to keep distance from them.

"I'm gonna go talk to her. You stay in the car please." He said. I nodded my head and watched as he left. Adriana and her men came strolling out the elevator and started talking to Alejandro. I took my phone out and called Camila.

"You're not dead yet? Wow. What are you doing?" She picked up.

"Alejandro said he loves me." I told her.

"Oh? What did you say?"

"That I love him too, and I actually meant it. Ive never said that to anyone that I was dating."

"Aww! My bestie is in love." she cheered. "So what now?"

"He's talking to his mom right now." I turned my head to look at them and I heard yelling but I could barely see them. "I should really start bringing my glasses everywhere with me."