scrolls and burns | 19

⌜                                                             ⌝

trauma - chapter nineteen

⌞                                                             ⌟

The air was silent as Team 7 sat in a stupor, their breaths caught in their throats as it squeezed together tightly.

"H-hey... Shikamaru if this is supposed to be a joke it isn't funny."

Sakura's expression was grim. Her eyes were widened ever so slightly as her heart pounded against her ribcage.

Sasuke nodded minutely beside his teammate, his lips dipping into a frown as his onyx eyes stared straight into the Nara before them.

Even the aloof Hatake was serious, his eyes narrowed as he contemplated what he had just been told. His whole body felt heavy the moment Shikamaru opened his mouth.

He had grown up with [y/n], the few years they had apart from one another in age was nothing compared to the struggles the two endured together. Kakashi understood [y/n] more than the male could understand himself, and he knew it was the same vice versa.

But the information Shikamaru just told them...

"Why would I lie about this?" A look of exasperation flashed across the male's face as he turned around silently, grabbing a scroll from one of the selves behind him as Team 7 watched on, "As much as he was your sensei, [y/n]-san was one adored by many, including me."

Shikamaru walked back to where he originally stood, placing the scroll in Kakashi's hands who opened it a second later.

"I only read about it briefly in the midst of the war, but this scroll confirms everything that I had suspicions on."

Everyone peered over Kakashi's shoulders as they scanned the document together, their eyes widening even more as they traveled down the paper.

"Think about it. If you were able to transport [y/n]-san to an entirely different universe..."

Naruto looked up from the document, light filling his eyes once more. He knew it was selfish of them to send [y/n] away without his notice, but he never regretted it one bit. And if what was in the scroll is true... 

"Then it's not far of a reach for us to go to his."

A grin spread across Shikamaru's face as he leaned on the table behind him.

"Exactly."

º

Class 1-A chatted loudly amongst themselves as they talked about a certain [h/c] haired classmate of theirs.

"Was he lying about not having enhanced strength?"

"Who knows, but did you see how he didn't get in the way of All Might? Doesn't that mean he's already better than half the current heroes we have? He might even be on the same level as the Big Three!"