determination | 11

⌜                                                         ⌝

trauma - chapter eleven 

⌞                                                         ⌟

[y/n] watched silently as two males did the first test, one he had already met, and the other from the demonstration earlier. 

A frown tugged at his lips as he watched the blond male use his quirk to propel himself forward, the machine calling out his time as Midoriya followed three seconds later.

'7.04 seconds...'

As he was immersed in his thoughts, Todoroki took this time to examine the top scorer of the recommended exam. 

He noticed the same look that he saw before returning, however this time it was milder, less intense, and directed at nobody yet everything once again.

It lingered in his gaze for so long, his gaze hardening the longer the emotion stayed. 

The young male didn't understand why [y/n] would have such a terrifying look to him. There was nothing Todoroki could think of to make his eyes looks so empty and lifeless, so separated from the rest of them. 

His ears heard their teacher call out their names, telling them that they were next. [y/n] snapped out of it quickly, the emotion from before disappearing as it was covered up by a fake smile.

"Shall we go?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, [y/n] turned his head away, his eyes dimming once again as the smile dropped. Lining up behind the line, [y/n] thought back to what his guardian told him before they left.

"[y/n] come here," Aizawa sat the male at the kitchen table, [y/n]'s hair still dripping wet as he just came back from taking a shower after his run.

Sitting down in front of the pro-hero, [y/n] gently patted his hair with a towel.

"What is it Aizawa-san?"

Sighing, Aizawa stared straight at [y/n] who didn't even straighten under his gaze, instead he looked even more unbothered.

"You are incredibly talented [y/n], I honestly don't think that there is anybody that can land a hit on you..."

"But?"

"But you cannot show anybody the full extent to your abilities, not even to me."

At his request, [y/n] leaned slightly back in his seat.

He understood where Aizawa was coming from.

He was a teacher too, he knew of the risks that came with power. It brought unnecessary attention, and with that attention includes dangers of every aspect.