menace | 23

⌜                                                          ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty three

⌞                                                          ⌟

[y/n] walked around the Yuuei halls aimlessly as the shouts from the audience were still heard throughout the building.

Currently, those that were not participating in the 1v1 tournament were busy entertaining those watching in the stadiums by performing various tasks and games that created a strong reaction. Those who wished to shake off their nerves by joining their peers did so as others took a different approach and rested before their upcoming battles.

The ex-anbu on the other hand wasn't worried at all about who he was paired up with as his first battle. Nonetheless, he was going to handle them efficiently and quickly. 

With a slight confirmation nod to himself, [y/n] quickly came to a conclusion.

'Ashido-san is a wonderful person. I'm sure she wouldn't like it if I didn't put forth my best effort.' 

And as he ended his thought, the [h/c] haired male quickly realized the slow approaching footsteps that echoed throughout the empty hallways.

"[y/n]."

The familiar monotone voice carried throughout the air, the voice stern as always.

"Aizawa-san."

Turning around softly, [y/n] met eyes with his current guardian. The silence between them didn't last long as the shinobi walked towards the pro-hero, the slightest upturn of his mouth just barely noticeable.

"I heard you were with Yamada-san? Did you manage to escape his grasps for once?" A light-hearted joke fell from the male's lips, resulting in the rustling of the male's clothes before him.

"I wish. But he just let me go for the time being, I guess he knew I wanted to talk to you."

"?" 

[y/n] had no idea what the male wrapped in bandages could possibly have anything more to tell him as he already heard an earful before they had arrived at Yuuei.

Aizawa, as if he already knew what was circulating in ex-sensei's mind, just sighed as he reached deeper into his pocket, his words coming out in a mutter.

"Haa, I don't know what you have planned for the upcoming matches, but I heard stuff like this is good luck."

"Is that...?"

"An omamori. Hizashi said it was important for your character development? Whatever that means."

[y/n] found himself blinking slowly at the item presented before him, the item sitting on top of Aizawa's palms as its red and yellow colors filled him with nostaliga. Before he knew it, his fingers had wrapped around the tiny object, grasping it with such carefulness one would have thought it was made out of glass.