bruised | 26

⌜                                                        ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty six

⌞                                                        ⌟

The sounds of trees blowing softly in the wind filled [y/n]'s ears, the breeze gentle as it flowed through his hair and clothes. 

A familiar smell surrounded him, instantly comforting him as the ground was littered with tiny minuscule rocks. Yet, it was dead silent. And the wind- it was almost unbearably cold. 

It was then when a frantic female voice called out to him, breaking [y/n] out of whatever peaceful state he was in.

Opening his eyes slowly, the [h/c] haired male watched as a girl with pink hair ran to him, her eyes spilling tears one after the other.

"Sakura? What seems to be the matter?" 

The small teen looked back and forth between the area she came from and her sensei, her heart pounding against her ribcage as she stuttered her next words.

"[y-y/n]-sensei I-, I don't k-know I just- I just saw-"

[y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in concern as he grabbed his student by the shoulders softly, his sleeve wiping away some of the tears that fell from Sakura's eyes.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay Sakura. Take a deep breath, it's okay. Come on, breathe with me. In, out, in, out." [y/n] tried his hardest to get the young girl to calm down, her pink head nodding as her body shook shakily with every breath. 

It seemed like she did try to follow her teacher's advice, but with every breath she took her feelings overtook her ability to resume a non-frantic state.

She shook her head rapidly before finally giving up on calming down, her eyes spilling with tears once more, "I can't- I can't, [y-y/n]-sensei you have to s-stop him!"

"Stop who Sakura?" And from doing what?

Sakura's hand clutched at [y/n]'s sleeve, her head shaking frantically.

"S-stop Sasuke f-from leaving the village!"

"...what?"

[y/n] sat up with a gasp, his eyes clenched together tightly as he started to cough lightly. The cold floor pressing harshly into his skin as he moved his hands to cover his mouth, the sounds of chains moving following as he did so.

'...?'

Opening his eyes slightly, [y/n] only saw pitch black as the chains he had earlier suddenly weighed heavily on his wrists and ankles. The cold metal seemed to wake him from his prior shock as he focused on trying to figure out where he was.

However to no avail, [y/n] was unable to find anything. It was as if he was stuck in just an empty abyss, the only thing weighing him down being the chains that were attached to him.