competitive prince | 21

⌜                                                               ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty one

⌞                                                               ⌟

Light-filled [y/n]'s vision as he walked out of the grey tunnel, the cheers from the audience ringing in his ears as fireworks exploded in the air above them.

"The Yuuei sports festival! The huge battle where fledgling heroes sharpen their swords once a year!" Yamada appeared on the big screen in multiple places, his hair defying gravity as always.

"Anyway, these are the guys. The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with their hearts of steel! Hero course, Class 1-A, right?!"

Sandwiched between Tokoyami and Todoroki, [y/n] stood tall amongst the others. His eyes scanned the crowd in front of him, noting their happy expressions and loud cheers.

'How long has it been since I've seen Konohagakure like this...'

As Yamada introduced the other courses, [y/n] found himself looking towards the general studies, his eyes latching onto the male with purple hair instantly.

The ex-jonin found his lips quirking up ever so slightly when those same purple eyes met his own, the two holding their stares from across the field. The look the two shared confirming their suspicions from the other day. 

They weren't going to back down, not one bit. 

Naruto popped some chicken into his mouth as he looked around the area, earning questioning stares from his teammates.

"Ne Kakashi-sensei, where is [y/n]-sensei?" 

It was then when the other two realized why everything felt so off, their other sensei was nowhere to be found.

"Yeah, where is [y/n]-sensei? Did Hokage-sama call for him for something?"

At their questions, Kakashi seemed to let out a large sigh, setting his food down as he leaned closer to his team.

"Haa... I guess it's time huh? Come closer."

Curious, the three of them leaned in as well, wondering what it was that Kakashi had to lean in so close for.

"[y/n] doesn't want me to tell you this but he actually..."

The air was tense as Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke gulped silently. Their hearts pounded against their ribcages as they waited for the big secret their sensei's had.

"-is actually extremely competitive."

"...Huh?"

Kakashi leaned back as he sheepishly smiled, "Yup~ Ever since he was a little child. He was so stubborn sometimes haha~ one day when we were on a D-ranked mission he-"