lies | 02

⌜                                                   ⌝

trauma - chapter one

⌞                                                   ⌟

[y/n] stared below him numbly, the feeling of being alone suffocating him like a thick mist. Sometimes he'd imagine his students and friends around him, and he get happy, only for their body to be replaced by their mangled bodies.

He hadn't moved in awhile, he couldn't find the energy to do so.

When was the last time he ate? Slept? 

He couldn't answer those questions. His eyes were dry from never blinking, for if he blinked he would be haunted by his memories.

The jonin could tell he was going insane, that the war had everlasting affects on him that couldn't be washed away. No matter how hard he tried to bury it in the back of his mind, it'd always come back when he least expected it.

His stomach had stopped growling, somehow accepting the fact that it's owner wasn't going to give it food.

[y/n] could feel himself dying.

And he was okay with it. He had no reason to live any longer, no village to return to, no students to teach, and no one to help him out of this state of mind.

Maybe if he died, he'd feel a bit better.

But he sure as hell didn't want to die to some low level villains. 

"Well well well, what do we have here? Are you quirkless little boy?" One of them taunted, the door to the rooftop slamming open.

"He looks so weak, I could kill him in my sleep." The other one laughed, taking in [y/n]'s weak stature.

[y/n] turned his head, his soulless eyes giving the small time villains a moment of shock.

"Pfft, tough act. Too bad you're gonna die now," The slightly bigger one said, his voice wavering a bit as his gut told him to run. However, like an idiot he stayed, unknowing of the strength [y/n] held.

A terrifying smile lit up on [y/n]'s face, "Oh am I? What a shame..."

The two didn't even realize it before the [h/c] ninja was behind one of them, a kunai threateningly held to one of their necks.

"I was thinking the same for you."

[y/n] didn't want to kill. He hated killing, in fact, but he grew up in a world where it was either kill or be killed.

"You-" The man barely got a word out before he fell to the ground unconcious.

If [y/n] didn't need to kill, he'd rather not.

The bigger male got an angry expression, his rage taking over as he blindly charged at [y/n], his stupidity almost costing his life.

[y/n] frowned at his actions, even fresh out of the acadmeny genin could take these 'villains' out. The jonin wasted no time in knocking out the male, a grunt escaping from the villains mouth as he fell down to the ground, right next to his partner.

There was another reason why [y/n] just didn't kill them.

There was someone else watching, the same person that bugged him for the past few nights.

"Are you going to come out?" [y/n] laid on the rooftop this time, staring up at the night sky filled with stars. 'Kakashi would love to see this...'

Aizawa widened his eyes in surprise, the underground hero was sure he had concealed himself perfectly, yet in the presence of this fifteen year old boy he found himself vulnerable.

"I was going to step in before they hurt you." The pro hero landed on the roof top, his eyes glancing at the groaning villains, "You handled them with ease."

[y/n] wondered if it was abnormal to carry this kind of strength, but the male wasn't even at his full potential yet, not when he hasn't eaten in days.

"They were nothing."

Aizawa felt like there was something more to the sentence but dropped it and switched the topic.

"I searched for your name in the database, there's no record of a [f/n] [l/n] anywhere."

The pro hero studied [y/n]'s face carefully, not surprised when the male didn't show any reaction.

[y/n] finally looked at the hero. It was no doubt that the stranger in front of him was an important figure as he could access the nation's database, and if that was the case he was in a lot of danger.

He was [f/n] [l/n], a shinobi from an entirely different universe than the one they lived in. He was trained to kill since the day he entered the academy, they were trained to protect years later. If he were to sprout any type of information about his world, he was sure he'd be killed on the spot.

So he did what any sane person would do, lie.

"I... I was kidnapped the day I was born supposedly, before my parents could name me." Lies that would protect him and the people he cared about, "They gave me that name and locked me away." He didn't know these people, he didn't care about them, "It was only after I had no use for them did they kick me out to die."

His words shocked the pro hero once more, yet the latter found it hard for him to believe it.

'It does explain the look in his eyes, the lack of emotion, but something doesn't add up...'

"Could you tell me what they looked like? What happened?"

[y/n] shook his head, "They erased my memories when they released me. I only know these things from what they told me before they kicked me out."

Aizawa sighed, 'This is troublesome...' The pro hero looked to the thugs on the rooftop before looking back at the boy in front of him.

"Look, I have to take those two to the police but-" His words were cut off when the boy suddenly went limp on the ground, alarming the hero, "Kid? Hey what-"

As soon as Aizawa touched the male, he could feel the bone and coldness of his skin.

"Goddamn it, don't die on me kid, I have questions for you."

Aizawa got [y/n] on his back as he whipped out his phone, calling another hero that was on patrol to collect the small time villains on the roof. He looked at the male draped over his shoulders and sighed once more before rushing off to get recovery girl. 

'Hang in there kid.'