caring | 35

⌜                                                         ⌝

trauma - chapter thirty five

⌞                                                         ⌟

After the congratulations, Kirishima and [y/n] received from their fellow classmates, the heir found himself at the feet of Todoroki. Their eyes met with a strange wariness, both of them watching to see what the other person would do.

Finally, a soft whisper left the duo-toned-haired male, "You did well."

At these words, [y/n] felt his lips upturn and his eyes glimmer, "Thank you, Todoroki-san."

The heir wasn't exactly looking for Todoroki's praise, but the comment did remind him how warm their friendship was.

"You're welcome."

The two didn't talk much after. Todoroki passed his test with [y/n] complimenting him and it ended at that. However, it didn't stop the gazes that were been sent across the room. One would look at another when they weren't looking and vice versa.

But both of them knew how painfully hyperaware they were of one another.

Soon enough it was the final match, Bakugou and Midoriya versus All Might.

Unlike the other matches where [y/n] was paying half attention to the match and half attention to Todoroki, the heir had begun to block out everyone else as the two appeared on the screen.

[y/n]'s [e/c] eyes narrowed into slits as he crossed his arms in front of him, his eyes glued to the screens as he watched the two interact. He knew of Bakugou's ruthlessness and his bitterness towards his childhood friend. Yet, Midoriya still cared for him through it all.

Even if [y/n] thought of the green-haired male as dangerous, above all Midoriya acted with complete sincerity and concern for others. The two clashed like fire and water.

It left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Worried?"

Todoroki appeared at his side, at last, his eyes stuck on the screen as well. He didn't need to see the expression on [y/n]'s face to hear his thoughts, his body language said it all.

[y/n] glanced at Todoroki briefly, a small hum coming from his throat.

"Concern is one of them, yes."

"One of them?"

At that moment, Midoriya punched Bakugou, "Don't you say that you'd rather lose!"

Opening his mouth slightly, [y/n] rubbed the tips of his fingers together almost stressfully, "I have a bad feeling."

Todoroki noticed this action and frowned, "You think they're going to lose?"

Pursing his lips, [y/n] shook his head softly, "No. Not that. It's something else."