calm | 33

⌜                                                       ⌝

trauma - chapter thirty-three

⌞                                                       ⌟

Coming up to the doors of his house, [y/n] shook off his conversation with Todoroki and entered. At this point, the moonlight shined through the windows of the house, yet it was like no one was there.

"Aizawa, I'm home."

[y/n] called out to the darkness. His finger flicked the light switch on as he took off his shoes, Aizawa's pairs all accounted for.

He definitely was here. 

"Aizawa?"

The heir walked up the stairs, his hand resting flaccid against the railing as he neared the second floor. Near the end of the hallway, a dim light sounded from the room. 

[y/n] called out to him once more.

He could sense that Aizawa was in there, slouched over a desk as he sat in a chair. But the man never responded to him, he did not acknowledge him until [y/n] stepped foot through the door. 

"You're here."

"I am."

From there, [y/n] felt waves of disappointment wash over him. Aizawa did not dare look him in the eyes. It would not stray away from the wooden desk in front of him, blank and empty. The silence was one [y/n] took to step forward, to be closer to his guardian. 

"Aizawa, I-" [y/n] faltered in his words. What was he to say? Sorry for disappearing? No- it was impossible.

[f/n] [l/n] doesn't give out apologies, remember?

"...I will give a written report on my whereabouts and will receive any punishment deemed fit for my actions."

Another silence lingered after his words, but this time [y/n] didn't dare to move. He watched as Aizawa's shoulders tensed before his body went sluggish again. When the adult stood up, [y/n] stepped back. 

"Is that all you have to say?"

At this moment, [y/n] felt smaller than his guardian in front of him. But even then, he kept his lips tight and his pride high.

"Yes."

When the words left his mouth, steel cold eyes met his. No ounce of emotion was shown, yet the bags underneath his eyes were darker and bigger. 

"Then you will do exactly that with a map of everywhere you were with the timestamp included and turn it in to the principal for further instruction. This type of behavior is unacceptable for a U.A. student."

[y/n] closed his eyes and pointed his chin down the tiniest degree, "Understood."

"And as your guardian-"