number one | 20

⌜                                                              ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty

⌞                                                              ⌟

Loud chatter slowly grew in volume as the door opened, the bell signaling the end of the day fading into the background. [y/n] and Tokoyami momentarily stopped the conversation they were having as the horde of students demanded the class's attention.

"What business do you have with 1-A?"

"Yeah, we can't get out!"

A moving blond male caught [y/n]'s attention as his usual frown played on his face, his hands shoved in his pockets as he opened his mouth arrogantly.

"To scout us out since we faced villains, but there's no point doing stuff like that."

The corners of [y/n]'s lips dipped downwards at Bakugou's next words, his eyes turning sharp.

"Out of my way, extras."

Iida and Uraraka didn't even get a chance to react to the explosive blond's words as a familiar [h/c] haired appeared before them, his hand resting on Bakugou's shoulder. The slightest trace of a smile could be seen on his face as his next words held an apologetic tone.

"If you would excuse Bakugou-san here, he has quite a way with his words." 

The class behind him sighed in relief at the [h/c] haired male's words, however, the people on the other side of the door didn't seem to like them as much.

A male with purple gravity-defying hair pushed his way to the front, the eye bags under his eyes prominent as words flew from his mouth.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but everyone seems arrogant." [y/n] let his hand fall from the shoulder it was laying on, his lips dipping from its upturned state. "Is everyone in the class like this?"

"You know, Yuuei gave those in the other courses a chance during the upcoming festival." His words floated through the air with seemingly no emotion, yet everyone could tell the threat underlying them, "Depending on the results, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course."

The entire class's eyes narrowed, a grim expression on their faces.

"That means the removal of some of you," His unnerving eyes scanned the classroom, "Scouting out the enemy? Hah, I'm just telling you that even though you're in the hero course, you might get your feet swept out under you before you even realize it."

Class A's eyes unconsciously shifted to [y/n], somehow finding it that the male always knew to say the right thing even when they didn't. Someone they found reliable even though something screamed at them not to.