1

Esmay was in the resident lounge getting ready for her shift listening to Lexi, her half sister talking about her relationship problems with Mark Sloan, Head of plastics.

"Im so sorry, you dont want to hear my relationship issues" Lexie apologised realising what she was moaning about.
"Hey, its fine, its my sisterly duty to listen to your mark problems" Esmay reasured her.

"And your the best, so do you think things with you and Theo will get better, i saw all of your stuff at Merediths this morning" Lexi said sympatheticly.
"Me and Theo are done Lexi, the engagement is over. I moved my life, left all my friends to come here for him, for his dream job then he went and he he then did what he did"
"Oh Esmay, well you now get to live with both your sisters" Lexi said trying to cheer her up but she still wanted to know why her sister turned up at their older sisters house 2 nights ago in the middle of the night with all of her stuff in tears but not willing to tell them what broke the relationship.

"Doctor Grey" The cheif of Surgery Doctor Richard Webber called into the Resident lounge, grabbing the attention of both Greys.
"Yes" Lexi and Esmay both turned around.
"Both of you with me"

The sisters walked out of the lounge to find Meredith waiting with Doctor Webber who then walked infront of the sisters expecting them to follow.

"Whats this about?" Lexi asked Meredith how was examing Esmay she knew something was wrong not just the break up something else was going on but she knew her sister she wouldnt willingly tell anyone.
"I dont know" Meredith said not tkaing her eyes away from Esmay smiling away, hiding her pain.

"You okay?" Meredith asked Esmay
"Yes fine"
Lexi caught up on this and before she could question it the door to the Cheifs office was opened revealing the girls father Thatcher Grey sitting there waiting for them.

Esmay hadnt seen her dad since the day he left when she was 2, Meredith and lexi hadnt seen him since Lexis mum died 2 years ago.
All three girls have very different relationships with Thatcher. Esmay hasnt spoken to him, doesnt speak about him, doesnt think about him. Meredith was starting to accept having her dad again back in her life but then he turned and blamed her for the death of his wife so she wasnt sure where she stood with him. Lexi well he's her father and has been through a lot of pain, shes been there to pick him up everytime.

"Dad" Lexi beamed as she engulfed her Dad into a hug.
"Thatcher" Meredith said acknowledging his presence then took a seat opposite him leaving Esmay standing there uncomfortable unsure of what to do or what to say to this man, who didnt even acknowledge her presence he just moved his attention to the two daughters sitting down.
Esmay sat next to Meredith, dreading the reason why he was there.

"Im here to apologise to you two" Thatcher said aimed at Lexi and Meredith still ignoring his middle daughters presence, the one who he knew needed the biggest apology and deserved it.

"You have nothing to apologise for" Lexi jumped in, leaning forward to take his hand in hers for reasurrance.
"Lexi, let me. I am in recover and one of the steps is to apoligse to those that you hurt" Esmay tried not to laugh at the fact that he wasnt acknowledging her the one daughter he probably hurt  the most.

"You dont need to" Lexi told him again.

Esmay was trying her hardest to keep her emotions at bay in her head she was standing up shouting at him but that wasnt in her head it was reality she had jumped up still not getting her dads attention.

"Lexi he may not need to apologise to you but he didnt leave you at 2 years old to go and make another family" Esmay shouted once the words fell out of her mouth she was shocked at what she said to him, she walked out unable to trust her words much longer.
"Esmay" Doctor Webber called after her but was ignored.

Esmay walked down the corridors unsure where she was going but she knew she needed to calm down before seeing patients but all of a sudden she had this all to familiar feeling in her stomach where it felt it was doing a thousand somersaults at once then had a sudden feung she was going to be sick, the same feeling she had this morning before she redecorated Dereks coat pocket.

Derek came round the corner and saw Esmay looking red and pale the same look she was wearing this morning before she redecorated his coat pocket. He called after her but she sprinted into the toilet hoping to get rid of the stomach pain.

"Esmay everything okay" Derek called through the door but he could hear everything wasnt okay.

Esmay then reapeared at the door smiling pretending she was fine.
"Hi derek" she said cheerfully walking away from the toilet
"Esmay is everything okay" Derek asked again following Esmay.
"Everythings great" she lied.
"Esmay"

Richard then appeared behind Derek with Meredith shouting behind him.

"Doctor Grey your on my service we have a surgery NOW" Doctor Webber demanded, Esmay didnt argue she just followed behind.
"Richard no" Mereidth pleaded
"Meredith its fine" Esmah turned around tk reassure her sister.

"Whats going on?" Derek asked concerned
"Thatchers here" Meredith simply said
"Your dad you okay?"
"Im fine, Esmay she saw him and froze, he didnt even look at her, she walked away and Thatcher didnt even notice she had left or ask if she would be okay and now Richard wants to bombard her in surgery. She is not okay, her engagement to the man she has loved for 8 years just ended, she wont tell us why and we both know that something else is going as she keeps going to be sick. She has enough on her plate and now Thatchers back more for her to deal with" Meredith explained worry lacing every word
"Meredith she will be fine" Derek said pulling her into a hug to reassure her.