20

As the elvator doors opened runnjng out came Owen  Arizona and Theo pushing the gurney as all the doctors jumped ready to help.

"This is Esmay Grey, shes 28, 26 weeks pregnant with twins. She has a potential crush injury on her hand, shes unconcious and unresponsive,bp dropping, deep head wound, large cut on her abdomen, shes pregnant and both babies have a weak pulse" Owen shouted informing all those that needed to know as a sea of doctors followed them into a trauma room.

"Esmay is one of us, she is our family. So we will give her and the twins the best care we can but if you feel like you cant work to your best then there are other patients that need your help. No one will judge you" Owen gently told the doctors standing infront of him ready to save their colleage and friends life, those that were able to work jumped forward into the trauma room, making their assessments.

Meredith and lexi took a step forward but Owen stopped them.
"Let us through" Meredith demanded.
"No you are her sisters, she needs you to comfort her, there is many unknowns we are facing and she needs you to be her sisters not her doctors" Owen told them as they both took a step back

Owen walked into the trauma room ready to save Esmay and the unborn twins lives but he saw Theo sitting there holding her hand trying to keep it together and be her doctor he knew he needed to have the same conversation he just did with Meredith and Lexi again.

"McKenzie, you cant be her doctor its not just her life your scared about but your chidlren too. You need to be her family so go wait with Meredith and lexi we will give you an update" Owen gently told him but Theo just ignored him continueing.
"Doctor McKenzie" Owen firmly said but Theo still didnt move.

"Theo out now" he shouted getting everyones attention  Theo didnt answer he just srood up and stormed out.

Then the busyness in the trauma room continued. Owen shouting all the different surgeons he needed to help.
"Page neuro now"

"Im here already" Derek spoke walking into the room.
"No i wanted Amelia" Owen firmly told him.
"Well im the best and Esmay needs the best"
"No your family Meredith needs you go" owen demanded standing in Dereks way not moving, derek looked at him with a hard stare.

"I got a page" Amelia shephard, Dereks younger sister and a neuor surgeon walked in then she saw who was laying on the bed who she was here to assess. Esmay Grey, the girl that arrived when she arrived they became close quickly mainly because their older siblings are married. Esmay was there for Amelia when she was struggaling with some personal issues Esmay answered the door one night isntead of Meredith and listened they then started having weekly girls nights talking, laughing , putting the world to rights. She now had to save her life.

"Its.. its Esmay" Amelia stuttered in shock.
"I can do it if you cant Amelia" Derek jumped in arogantly.
"No no im fine go be with Meredith."
"You heard her" Owen smirked as derek sighed walking away.

"Umm doctor Robbins is that meant to happen?" April asked Arizona worried at what she could see.
"What what is it?" Arizona asked firmly staring at all the vitals mechines hoping for a sign of hope but nothing ever came.

She turned to look at what April was looking at shocked just like April.
"Is that what I think it is?'April asked.
"Yes thats one of the twins hands waving at us" Arizona confirmed.

As the two of them looked at the little tiny hand waving at them through the large cut on Esmays abdomen and they knew what they needed to do.

"We need to get her into surgery now and deliver these babies" Arizona instructed. Owen nodded as they all nodded in agreement preping her ready for the twins to come.

April then stopped she realised what needed to be done.
"Theo needs to know, he needs to hold their babies while she cant. He needs to know they are safe and alive because these are mircale babies" April shouted passionately.

"Okay Doctor Kepner go tell Theo" Owen demanded as Esmay was wheeled out of the room to the OR and April ran as fast as she could to get to theo.